Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 7th Jul 18, 12:17 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 0Thanks
    greenpenguin
    ParkingEye parking charge notice
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:17 PM
    ParkingEye parking charge notice 7th Jul 18 at 12:17 PM
    Morning all,

Received in the post today relating to last Sunday. 100 charge amount, 60 if I pay it quickly.

Short version - I pulled in to The Range car park near me(it's not pay and display or anything) at 9.34am last Sunday, as I planned on getting a couple of things when they opened - which I thought was 10am. After checking their opening times on my phone whilst waiting, I realised they didn't open until 10.30am, and left at 9.54am - a 20 minute stay. I didn't even get out of the car, I parked there with the intention of shopping from the store and nothing else.

How should I proceed here? I obviously don't want to pay them any money, as this really isn't fair in my opinion.

Cheers for any advice.
Page 2
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 8th Jul 18, 3:02 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    Thank you, standard blue text appeal submitted.

Edit - just to add, I've also emailed The Range with my PE reference number and registration plate outlining what happened, and asking for any assistance they may be able to offer. I'm not hopeful but it all helps, eh?
    Last edited by greenpenguin; 08-07-2018 at 3:05 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    • 61,456 Posts
    • 74,331 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes but the Range have a bad reputation for not giving a *sheet* about what ParkingEye do to customers, sadly.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 21st Jul 18, 10:09 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    I've had nothing from them through the post, but saw yesterday in my junk folder that they'd refused my appeal. Should I now complete a POPLA appeal? If so, is there a standard appeal template I ought to follow?

Or, as outlined in my appeal to ParkingEye, should I currently ignore their response as it has currently only been supplied via email, not by post as requested?

Thanks for your help so far!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Jul 18, 10:14 AM
    • 37,252 Posts
    • 21,407 Thanks
    Quentin
    Don't miss a popla appeal!

See the newbies FAQ thread #3 for all advice on popla appeals together with links to near templates to adapt
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 21st Jul 18, 10:21 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    I'm not looking to miss the POPLA appeal, I was just curous whether their reponse should be entertained as it has only (currently) been supplied via email, ignoring my request that it be conducted via post as per the standard template.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jul 18, 1:36 PM
    • 19,383 Posts
    • 30,617 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I'm not looking to miss the POPLA appeal, I was just curous whether their reponse should be entertained as it has only (currently) been supplied via email, ignoring my request that it be conducted via post as per the standard template.
    Originally posted by greenpenguin
    Who were you thinking would uphold/enforce that for you?

Ignore PE at your peril, they are the most litigious private parking company in the country. Just move on and get your POPLA appeal drafted.

There isn't an all-embracing template, but there are a number of freestanding template appeal points for mixing and matching and putting together. All contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3. Let us see your draft for critique before submitting.

Don't miss your POPLA deadline.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 21st Jul 18, 3:28 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    I shall construct it tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jul 18, 3:33 PM
    • 61,456 Posts
    • 74,331 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Search the forum for the obvious two keywords, don't wait for us to search for you:

ParkingEye POPLA
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

53Posts Today

2,745Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin