Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 7th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    Ukpc didnít know dvla ban was lifted so ignored
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:19 AM
    Ukpc didnít know dvla ban was lifted so ignored 7th Jul 18 at 11:19 AM
    Hi help please after researching and seeing advice on here regarding Ukpc being banned by dvla and to ignore a pcn. Now received a notice to keeper. Looked again and seen that the ban has been lifted what do I do as I didnít appeal on day 26. Pcn dated 02/06/18. Thanks
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 7th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 3,284 Posts
    • 5,056 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    Hi help please after researching and seeing advice on here regarding Ukpc being banned by dvla and to ignore a pan. Now received a notice to keeper. Looked again and seen that the ban has been lifted what do I do as I didn!!!8217;t appeal on day 26. Thanks
    Originally posted by Pinkbyw

It's not a problem you use the newbies thread appeal as keeper, the day 26 idea is to try to add a little confusion into the pot to hope they forget the NTK.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 9,300 Posts
    • 12,222 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    One problem is that the Parking Prankster still shows
    UKPC as being banned
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Jul 18, 11:54 AM
    • 4,696 Posts
    • 6,077 Thanks
    waamo
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:54 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:54 AM
    When did you get the NTK?
    This space for hire.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jul 18, 11:56 AM
    • 37,942 Posts
    • 22,054 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:56 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:56 AM
    Hi help please after researching and seeing advice on here regarding Ukpc being banned by dvla and to ignore a pcn. Now received a notice to keeper. Looked again and seen that the ban has been lifted what do I do as I didnít appeal on day 26. Pcn dated 02/06/18. Thanks
    It would help us to correct the wrong information you say you found here if you could post a link to the post or thread that has misled you
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 18, 11:59 AM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,929 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:59 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:59 AM
    One problem is that the Parking Prankster still shows
    UKPC as being banned
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    I tried to update that a few days after the lifting. Ordinarily a new comment is automatically published, but in this case it was stated that it was 'to be reviewed' rather than immediately published. It has never appeared.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Jul 18, 12:39 PM
    • 9,300 Posts
    • 12,222 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:39 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:39 PM
    I tried to update that a few days after the lifting. Ordinarily a new comment is automatically published, but in this case it was stated that it was 'to be reviewed' rather than immediately published. It has never appeared.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks, maybe bargepole can throw some light on the PP
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 8th Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    • 8th Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    I got the ntk yesterday. Charge date 2 june
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 8th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    • 8th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    Think Iím going to need all the help I can get thanks.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Jul 18, 11:00 AM
    • 10,573 Posts
    • 10,410 Thanks
    The Deep
    UKPC are fraudsters, read this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 8th Jul 18, 11:06 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    I did a screen shot if that helps, I!!!8217;m not familiar with the forum as yet but will try and find the link.
    Can I upload as there are a few what I found, one on the newbies, another on the appealing a private pcn, stated stop press ukpc are banned from dvla. Ignore pcn do not appeal.

Just had a quick look and it!!!8217;s on the newbies board in red.
    Last edited by Pinkbyw; 08-07-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Extra information
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 4,696 Posts
    • 6,077 Thanks
    waamo
    Calm down you have plenty of time. All you have to do at this stage is send the template in blue from post 1 of the Newbies thread.

This will likely result in getting a POPLA code. You then have plenty of time to copy a POPLA appeal.
    This space for hire.
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 8th Jul 18, 11:17 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    Yes thank you I saw that too.
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 8th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    Waamo should I do that now online or wait as the ntk states write to us within 28 days beginning with the day after the ntk is given. Representations can be made online.
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 8th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    Am I replying correctly on this thread?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 18, 11:40 AM
    • 37,749 Posts
    • 84,769 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    The keeper should send the template from the NEWBIES now. Don't miss the deadline.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 37,749 Posts
    • 84,769 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I did a screen shot if that helps, I'm not familiar with the forum as yet but will try and find the link.
    Can I upload as there are a few what I found, one on the newbies, another on the appealing a private pcn, stated stop press ukpc are banned from dvla. Ignore pcn do not appeal.

Just had a quick look and it's on the newbies board in red.
    You are correct. That info is out of date but C-m only has limited times when she is allowed to edit it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Jul 18, 12:21 PM
    • 4,696 Posts
    • 6,077 Thanks
    waamo
    Waamo should I do that now online or wait as the ntk states write to us within 28 days beginning with the day after the ntk is given. Representations can be made online.
    It doesn't really matter if you send it now or wait a few days to calm down and get your head around a few POPLA appeals.

The important thing is do not under any circumstances miss the deadline. If you are a bit forgetful or disorganised do it now.
    This space for hire.
    • Pinkbyw
    • By Pinkbyw 8th Jul 18, 1:47 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pinkbyw
    Iím of a certain age, lol !!!128514;
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 63,875 Posts
    • 76,529 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'll remove that from the NEWBIES thread now.

I deliberately left it when they had their DVLA access reinstated because they could not access data for any windscreen PCNs produced during the ban.

But we are now more than a month past that date, so it's business as usual for UKPC now, so I'll remove the red wording.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

866Posts Today

6,443Users online

Martin's Twitter