Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackieD63
    • By JackieD63 7th Jul 18, 11:09 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JackieD63
    EDF warmwise tariff or standard variable
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:09 AM
    EDF warmwise tariff or standard variable 7th Jul 18 at 11:09 AM
    Hi All
    I am currently on a warmwise tariff with EDF, Daytime, evening and weekends, nightime rates.
    My DD per month was 40. Apparently that wasn't covering my usage, so I ended up with a 400 debt in 6 months. They decided to increase my DD to 165 pm which I told them I couldn't afford. In the last 3 weeks my DD has gone from 165 to 145 to 76 to 113.
    Last week I paid 110 to pay off the original debt, they then set up a DD for this amount to be paid fortnightly without my knowledge. I have now cancelled both!!
    I really need to change energy suppliers but can't find any with this tariff.
    I live in a small one bed flat and am at work 40hrs a week and out 2 evenings a week. I have my hot water and underfloor heating on the cheapest overnight rate.
    Would I be better off investing in a few oil filled radiators which I can turn on and off as needed and not using the underfloor heating, which is wasted anyway as im not indoors, and have a standard variable tariff?
    It's all too confusing !!!
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 7th Jul 18, 11:32 AM
    • 11,250 Posts
    • 4,913 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:32 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:32 AM
    Cancelled DD does this mean your are now not paying your debt / do you owe money on current consumption .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,740Posts Today

9,086Users online

Martin's Twitter