Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sofsofsof
    • By sofsofsof 7th Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    • 51Posts
    • 21Thanks
    sofsofsof
    Provisional license name and address change, but wanting to book a test ASAP
    • 7th Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    Provisional license name and address change, but wanting to book a test ASAP 7th Jul 18 at 10:45 AM
    hi guys, i went and passed my theory test today and was told that i needed to change the address on my provisional license and name (as married). i cannot for the life of me find any relevant forms where i can do this, print it off and send asap.. because, and please correct me if i am wrong, i cant book any tests now until i have correct name and address on it? is this true? thank you.
Page 1
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 1,769 Posts
    • 1,085 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    Go to a post office and get a D1 or order one online.
    Hi there! Weve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youre unsure why its been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 7th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:50 AM
    You have to do it by post if you're changing your name as well:

https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence/apply-by-post
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 7th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 1,939 Thanks
    Car 54
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    hi guys, i went and passed my theory test today and was told that i needed to change the address on my provisional license and name (as married). i cannot for the life of me find any relevant forms where i can do this, print it off and send asap.. because, and please correct me if i am wrong, i cant book any tests now until i have correct name and address on it? is this true? thank you.
    Originally posted by sofsofsof
    Is the old address still usable, i.e. would you still get any mail sent there? (Like your parents' house).

If so, the easy route is to apply and pass the test using your old name and address, and chanae them once you have your full licence.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,689Users online

Martin's Twitter