Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scooter
    • By Scooter 7th Jul 18, 9:53 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Scooter
    checkeratrader
    • 7th Jul 18, 9:53 AM
    checkeratrader 7th Jul 18 at 9:53 AM
    I needed new gates & fencing so using Checkatrader choose a company that had excellent feedback. They arrived on time but the fencing/gates were the wrong colour etc. They said "no problem" & would call me later that day to rearrange the fitting date with the correct colour fencing & gates. They never called back & wouldn't answer the phone or reply to my texts when I tried contacting them.
    I then contacted Checkatrader to give a negative feedback but was told as they hadn't started the job my feedback wouldn't
    be recorded.
    I can't be the first person to have this problem and now wonder what is the point of these sites?
Page 1
    • Frank99
    • By Frank99 7th Jul 18, 10:13 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Frank99
    • 7th Jul 18, 10:13 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 10:13 AM
    I needed new gates & fencing so using Checkatrader choose a company that had excellent feedback. They arrived on time but the fencing/gates were the wrong colour etc. They said "no problem" & would call me later that day to rearrange the fitting date with the correct colour fencing & gates. They never called back & wouldn't answer the phone or reply to my texts when I tried contacting them.
    I then contacted Checkatrader to give a negative feedback but was told as they hadn't started the job my feedback wouldn't
    be recorded.
    I can't be the first person to have this problem and now wonder what is the point of these sites?
    Originally posted by Scooter
    Unfortunately thats how they get so much positive feedback, as long as you haven't lost any money forget them and move on to the next Company.
    You could try leaving negative feedback on Google or Facebook as your not likely to be quizzed on there about giving negative feedback.
    Enjoy everyday like it's your last!
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 7th Jul 18, 11:06 AM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 2,061 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:06 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:06 AM
    Everyone on CheckaTrade has 9.8/9.9/10 feedback. I have only every seen one having been given a 5.
    • thermal2844
    • By thermal2844 7th Jul 18, 11:10 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    thermal2844
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:10 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:10 AM
    Is MyBuilder any better?
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 629 Thanks
    sevenhills
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:47 AM
    I then contacted Checkatrader to give a negative feedback but was told as they hadn't started the job my feedback wouldn't be recorded.

It would be the same with eBay or any other organisation.

• Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 7th Jul 18, 12:59 PM
    • 3,342 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:59 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:59 PM
    The thing you need to remember is that you are not the customer of the web site. You pay nothing for the service. The trader pays to be listed on the web site, which makes them the customer.

Businesses like to keep their paying customers happy, so that they keep coming back. In this case that means finding any excuse to keep bad reviews off their web site. A trader who only has glowing reviews will keep paying their membership fee.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • phill99
    • By phill99 7th Jul 18, 3:43 PM
    • 8,244 Posts
    • 7,428 Thanks
    phill99
    • 7th Jul 18, 3:43 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 3:43 PM
    and now wonder what is the point of these sites?
    To make money for the sites owner.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,152Posts Today

8,944Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin