Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GibbsRule No3
    • By GibbsRule No3 7th Jul 18, 7:16 AM
    • 688Posts
    • 384Thanks
    GibbsRule No3
    0 WOW
    AA changed flight times and stop ever destination
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:16 AM
    0 WOW
    AA changed flight times and stop ever destination 7th Jul 18 at 7:16 AM
    Three of us have had our return flight from Anchorage to Dallas/Fort Worth changed by AA. Has anyone asked AA if, since they changed the original flights, to change to a different flight that would be more acceptable, willing to pay more towards it if needed. We see there is a direct flight 8 hours earlier or 20 hours later. Our seats on the original flight were together now we are all in different seats and rows. If it was just me flying, I would actually just book the direct flight and pay the money but it was an expensive trip and I could understand if my companions donít want to do that. If AA would accept some payment for the new flight, since they changed it twice, Iíd pay for them.
    Paddle No 21
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 7th Jul 18, 7:28 AM
    • 1,493 Posts
    • 1,110 Thanks
    Westin
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:28 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:28 AM
    How significant was the change? If the original flight times have been changed by a couple of hours then the airline may be more amenable to your suggested reroutes. If however your are talking 15mins then probably not.

The operational change will have been made by a computer. The next best flight option being selected - best in the eyes of the airline and computer algorithm. Nothing to stop you calling AA with your own reroute suggestions.

I would suggest you research in advance what these options are and what suits you best and call and put them politely to the agent. By all means suggest the direct flight if that suits. It will however come down to seats being available in a similar fare class on the new flight and the agent you talk to. Keep them on side and get them to want to help you.
    • GibbsRule No3
    • By GibbsRule No3 7th Jul 18, 7:42 AM
    • 688 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    GibbsRule No3
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:42 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:42 AM
    More than an hour difference. We were due to fly via LA then to DFW, the first change was small, then later they changed them again it now takes off at 1am from Alaska rather than 11.25 and goes via Phoenix. My travel companions are Americans and I have told them about the direct flight option, so one of them will no doubt call from their end when they wake up. Fingers crossed, it would be worth paying towards the change if AA allow it. Flights were booked in January. First change was March, then they changed to Phoenix in April, the US friends were not told until much later and noticed the seat changes. We each booked our trip, so me from UK end, them from US by obviously talking to each other and tying up times and flights, seats to get them the same. AA have thrown the spanner in the works, at least they have not changed the flight to Alaska, yet!
    Last edited by GibbsRule No3; 07-07-2018 at 7:57 AM.
    Paddle No 21
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 7th Jul 18, 8:28 AM
    • 476 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    stevie11
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:28 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:28 AM
    I have had operational changes a few times with AA, some with minor and others major impact. If the current change is inconvenient to you all and you all want to be on the same flight then do your research and either one of you call AA with all the PNR's and suggest your alternative flight.

Do you or any of yourfriends have high status with AA or Oneworld? Maybe worth the highest status holder calling although you may have to call individually anyway.

In the past I have Aa to be accommodating in these circumstances.

Good luck
    • richardw
    • By richardw 7th Jul 18, 8:38 AM
    • 18,756 Posts
    • 7,870 Thanks
    richardw
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:38 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:38 AM
    AA is an enormous airline and this just happens, stevie11 has given good advice.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,986Posts Today

8,431Users online

Martin's Twitter