PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 7th July 2018

Comments

• silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just popped back, after having read more of yesterday's postings. Silver-Oldie, so sorry you feel so alone and sad.

Have you no-one at all you can chat to and unload on to? It makes such a difference when you can. Please keep posting, don't feel that you can't talk on here. People on here are so supportive.

I don't have any friends, it's just me and DH.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly and hugs to all those in need.

I've been MIA for a while, a combination of childcare, heat and boat moving.
    Yesterday was hard work moving the boat, walking back for the the car, moving the boat again, walking back for the car. Fortunately by the time we'd moved to the overnight mooring DD was nearby and able to give me a lift.

As the British GP is on I'm hopeful of staying here until Monday, but we will see.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good morning :wave:

No weather report needed its same old same old thank goodness

Spent a lovely afternoon in the sun yesterday and can officially say I now have a tan which I feel so much better for Maybe I should ship off somewhere hot for when this finally goes. Its going to be so depressing to open the shutters to grey skies again.
    Fridays are unusually nice and quiet days in my garden till 4 ish with the neighbours working/at school so I indulged in some good tunes, made up the Pimms and thoroughly relaxed. One of my friends called by with some home grown rhubarb so I made a fair barter with a couple of glasses of Pimms :beer:

Food last night was ham salad sandwiches then crunchie ice cream :o
    Today it will be a grab lunch then afternoon tea later.

Train to Blackpool is right at kick off so I am hoping for a carriage to ourselves and a peaceful journey. Sadly I will be keeping an eye on the score as like the rest of Engerland (:D) I think it would be good to see them win.

Plan to stay in Blackpool tomorrow till after lunch so my friend has booked a lovely seafood restaurant for us (Floss another guess challenge for you after the hotel)

This morning I could do with loading the dishwasher and having a little tidy then its my befriending call and the complex decisions of what to pack :)

Judi Im so sorry you haven't had an invite that is so rude for all you do for her. What ever happened to parents taking responsibility for their own kids and grans enjoying the fun bits

TA sounds like a small bit of positive news you must be relieved

Enjoy your days everyone
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

It's getting hot already, first load of washing is on the line, my bedding is in. I did the visitor's bed yesterday including the mattress protector and quilt - didn't need it but a good day to get it all dry.

I had most of my tea from the allotment yesterday, onion, courgette, spinach and peas all in a stir fry with some halloumi, really tasty and all the better for having grown it myself. I'll be back at the allotment this afternoon for some more watering.

Please join us more often Silver-Oldie, as previous posters have said we are a good support.
    How's your DM Gers?
    What a worry TA, hope you can find some time to relax.
    Have a good weekend Nelski!

Right, off for a shower and some shopping, I have my next door neighbour's son's engagement party tonight - should be fun and well within walking distance so looking forward to it.

Have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary

So sorry to hear that, it’s difficult in that situation. Perhaps a meet up with some other MSErs could be arranged in your area? I don’t think I’m anywhere near you.

My DM is still in hospital, she wasn’t very good at all yesterday. I’ve cancelled my overnight trip as I just couldn’t go away and leave her.

Last night a long lost friend of my late brother called round at DM’s place on spec. It was lovely to see her again, we did a mini catch up, kids, husbands, work etc. Once DM is discharged they can get together again.

Today I’m off to the shops early enough to be in and out before booze o’clock (10.00am) and then wait to phone the hospital for an update. If DM is not well enough to come home I’m taking in a pillow - patients only allowed two each and they are very thin and plastic.

Sorry for not having a thorough read, I’ll do that later.

Happy Saturday to all.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic

Yes you do ...I count myself as one of your friends.

Ive sent you a pm
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,293 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Hello All,

Just a quick pop on. Hot again a sunny too. I will be going to moms house soon to do the weekly check. My hubby will mow one lawn - while I sort inside of the house. Will be leaving early to get back home to watch England play.

Just seen a few of you are having dry skin problems. If these have just started recently then you are not drinking enough fluids with this heat. If you have had this a while then stop using soap and always buy bath/shower gel with moisturiser in. I have dry skin and have not used soap for years. I use hand wash which contains moisturiser. I always keep putting moisturising on the dry areas too.

I especially love the oil based products too. At the moment I am ploughing on the suntan lotion every time I go outside, and my skin is soft .

Have a good day x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 July 2018 at 8:38AM
    Last Christmas Grump wanted to go away in the van. I refused to go because it meant leaving Youngest on his own for Christmas...he didn't want to come and I'd miss the Grandkids in the hour we were allotted before they went to his parents...Happened to mention to TBO that Dad wanted to go away but I wouldn't go. "Dont you want to see the Kids opening their presents?" She said. I explained that was part the reason we weren't going.

So what does she do this year on Livewires birthday? Books a holiday. They will be here for me to see Diva on her birthday but not for Livewires. Obviously seeing his Grandparents on his birthday isn't important enough.

Youngest has been promising to look at my pc for months...I'm going cross eyed using my phone for internet and no one will show me how to reload windows. It's easier if they do it but they don't.

I've decided. Everyone who is taking the pee out of me can sling their hooks.

Silver-oldie you moan away...It's therapeutic.:)
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,669 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

SILVER OLDIE don't ever think that, you have us lot on here. Don't ever stop posting even though you may think you have nothing of interest to say. I waffle on, moan and rant on a daily basis and no-one has yet told me to shut up! And a good idea from GERS. I have no idea where you live but if you are near any of us let us know and we will try to arrange an Old Style meet up. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Gers sorry to hear your Mum is still not well.

Mrs TA, pleased the second blood test was ok.

We are in for another scorcher. Its quite hot in the top of the garden already. We are badly in need of rain the ground has very wide cracks in it. We are using washing up water and also also any spare water from the hot tap before it runs hot, if you see what I mean.

The gardener was here yesterday, we left him cutting the grass. He appears also to have weeded the herbaceous border.

Today is Presidents day at OH's old bowling club, they have invited us back again this year, although OH is no longer playing. So an afternoon trying to keep out of the sun and tea to follow. I was sent home with smoked salmon which we will have later before we go out.

Just chilling this morning..........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport