Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yahuru
    • By yahuru 7th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    yahuru
    help to write a defense
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    help to write a defense 7th Jul 18 at 12:00 AM
    Hi Guys!
    I used a shopping car park in Oct 2017 to attend a meeting in relation to work. You are allowed to park free for an hour but i overstayed for 23 minutes. i used the same car park again a few days later and overstayed again. the car park is controlled by vehicle control services. I received 2 parking tickets with pictures of my number plate and times of entry and leaving which i ignored. they sent me a few letters which all went straight into the bin. The they passed it on to debt collectors who also sent me letters. last week i received claim forms from county court in Northampton detailing charges for the pcn, debt collector fees and court fees. I do not have the money to pay and would like urgent help to write a good denfence. Please help!
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Jul 18, 1:05 AM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 9,397 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Jul 18, 1:05 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 1:05 AM
    Read post #2 in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for the best advice you can get.

The first thing to do is the Acknowledgement of Service to buy yourself an extra fourteen days to prepare your Defence.

There is a link in post #2 of that NEWBIES thread to a Dropbox file which clearly explains how to do the AoS.

What is the Date of Issue on your Claim Form?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 1:25 AM
    • 61,501 Posts
    • 74,374 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jul 18, 1:25 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 1:25 AM
    Please remove ALL of your first post which blabs about who parked and what happened! Eeeeek!

Just put instead as your opening post above:

'I've got a claim from VCS re two alleged overstays of 23 mins in a retail park and I am going to read the NEWBIES thread and do the AOS, then show you my defence based on the ones I find there.'

Then do the AOS - no asking what that is, read the NEWBIES thread please. It's all there.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

297Posts Today

3,773Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin