Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Agata2018
    • By Agata2018 6th Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Agata2018
    Someone plz help me!
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    Someone plz help me! 6th Jul 18 at 10:08 PM
    im new to this forum so please go patient on me

my card company vanquis has put a massive charge on my account. i dont know where it come from or what for. i cant get through to anyone it says shut.

heres what it says online bank website:

h t t p s :// i.imgur.com/Q8SWsOY.png

ive got all these transactions i dont know what for. called them up earlier. agent was shocked and said would call me but didnt. now closed and i dont want anything to pay that i didnt do.

any advice guys and what are these mean?
Page 1
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 6th Jul 18, 10:13 PM
    • 9,658 Posts
    • 14,868 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:13 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:13 PM
    Looks like you owe 7.25. Does look a bit unusual though.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Jul 18, 10:19 PM
    • 19,380 Posts
    • 20,706 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:19 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:19 PM
    They all seem to net off to zero, so doesn't look like anything to worry about.
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 6th Jul 18, 11:58 PM
    • 1,496 Posts
    • 1,280 Thanks
    tacpot12
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:58 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:58 PM
    Please don't worry about this. All banks use a number of different systems to deliver their Credit Card Services. These systems were written at different times, by different companies and handle transactions in slightly different ways. I think what you are seeing is some transactions in another system that the Internet system has not been told to ignore - they are probably internal transactions related to the operation of one of the other card systems that sit in the background.

I would call Vanquis bank again tomorrow and ask for an explanation, but I doubt there is anyone in Customer Services who knows why these transactions appear on your account. Someone in IT might know. If Customer Services just say "Don't worry about it." I think I would complain because it is worrying to customers when these system artifacts appear. The Bank won't spend any money on fixing their systems if they think no-one cares about the problems.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 7th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 21,420 Posts
    • 17,238 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    It looks like system problems to me, I wouldn't be surprised if other people start to report similar issues. As long as the bottom two transactions are ones that you made I wouldn't worry too much about it, but do keep an eye on things for a few days in case any transaction is statemented but doesn't have a corresponding credit to net it off to zero.
    • Agata2018
    • By Agata2018 7th Jul 18, 2:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Agata2018
    • 7th Jul 18, 2:09 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 2:09 PM
    i have spoken to someone from customer care leadership. he said it looks like something has been making credit balance edits to my account which should only be done with authority of manager. he said system auto reversed the edits back because it wasnt approved by manager or leadership on account. interest was mistake because of the massive debits transactions which were reversed so security system fixed the balance again by rebating mistake charges. hes still looking into it with payments team and will call me back later.
    Last edited by Agata2018; 07-07-2018 at 2:13 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,706Posts Today

6,682Users online

Martin's Twitter