Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Thready
    • By Thready 6th Jul 18, 8:52 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Thready
    Advice Please
    • 6th Jul 18, 8:52 PM
    Advice Please 6th Jul 18 at 8:52 PM
    Iím sure that you are fed up to the back teeth of people like me not being on top of this, but I have been badly burned with this whole PPI thing Ė I tried to claim 8 years ago and ended up with a larger debt than I started with and a CCJ against me and that has left me very wary - however I know that the deadline is looming and feel that I owe it to myself to at least check if I am owed anything before it passes.

My problem is that I had a fair amount of credit card debt, which I regularly moved around [but then continued to spend on !!!61516;], so over the years I have been with a lot of companies, but I no longer have information relating to dates etc and genuinely do not know whether I had PPI or not. I have also had store cards and many many years ago catalogues.

I have clicked through to the resolver page, but all I can complete is my name and address, I donít know what to put to say why I am complaining, because I donít actually know if I am.
    Can anyone suggest my best approach?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 7th Jul 18, 9:06 AM
    • 4,952 Posts
    • 3,002 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 7th Jul 18, 9:06 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 9:06 AM
    You need to explain why you feel you were miss-sold, that's the point - you complain that you were unfairly treated and present your evidence. No-one is owed anything, if you were miss-sold you should get a refund, if you weren't, you don't.

If you tried to claim on the policy, how did you end up with a larger debt? If you meant you tried to complain about PPI 8 years ago and the case was rejected then you will likely be time barred from complaining again.

You also need to remember which firms you had PPI with to complain, that information is only available to you (last 6 years on your credit record)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,197Posts Today

7,298Users online

Martin's Twitter