• Asimbaba
    Asimbaba Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry it was 31st may not 31st june
    And i was trying to upload image url but as a new user i am not allowed
  • Asimbaba
    Options
    I used image to txt so thats what i got in letter.
    You will find Errors in spellings. Its copy paste.

“From this, you withdrew the full funds on 31 May 2018 as they instructed you.
    then received reports on 09 June 2018 that the received funds were fraudulent. Due to the, we placed blocks on your account whilst we investigated this.
    Following your version of events we informed you we would be proceeding to end the banking relationship and closing your accounts with Lloyds Banking Group (Including Lloyds, Halifax and 9ank of Scotland).
    W?en an account is dosed for fraudulent activity, the Fraud Team are required to update the CIFAS register. CIFAS is used by individuals and organisations to perform fraud checks with an aim to preventing fraud and reducing risk of fraudulent activity. This may affect your ability to open an account elsewhere.
    Based upon this information, your details were added to the CIFAS register, as the beneficiary of fraudulent funds (category 6) which usually stays on record for six years”.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Their letter tells you everything there is to know.

This forum sees regular CIFAS threads and a lot go right along these lines.

Keep your accounts and finances completely private and never let anyone use it for their own purposes or reasons because this is precisely what can/will happen.
  • Asimbaba
    Options
    I agree what everybody saying. And i can tell this must be dirty money as i am asking him what was the source of this payment although it’s difficult as an employee but i have told him now about all the circumstances. And hes not saying anything about this payment. All he says that he borrowed. Well all is done anyway. The last thing i am thinking to go my lawyer as i have all the recordings regarding that payment where he is tricking me. And yes i am still working i can leave it but i hope may be something would help staying here. If i leave right now i wont seeing him anymore
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When your boss told you to not only withdraw the full amount the next day, but told you to LIE to the cashier about it, it should have rang alarm bells in your head.

I'm not sure what you can do because you were complicit by withdrawing the money. As far as the bank are concerned money was deposited, then withdrawn and then reported as fraud.

Why do you have recordings of where he is tricking you, but never thought of stopping going through with it?
  • Asimbaba
    Options
    The calls after bank suspended and they told me about fraud I contacted action fraud police i found there i can submit any evidence which can proof i am not involved in this fraud intentionally. So I contacted my phone company they can provide me only outgoing calls recordings. Well iknow nothing can help now but atleast i can try rather than blaming myself and iknow its all my fault. I have learned my lesson. Thanks
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I am sorry, but if you have a small business and want to withdraw funds you do it properly, you do not send it to an employee's account and then ask them to lie when withdrawing it.

This is obviously dirty money.

Sorry if this seems rude, but your posts sound as if you are not British? I am not sure about the law in your country (if you are not British) but in this country ignorance is not a defence in law, so you can say you did not know what was happening but it will not help you. If you end up being prosecuted for this saying you did not know what was happening will not work.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Asimbaba
    Options
    Yes i am not british. But i am living in uk for more than 10 years. And looks like i didnt learn anything. I am not very sharp. In every aspect of life i am a totally failure. Like totally
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Asimbaba wrote: »
    Yes i am not british. But i am living in uk for more than 10 years. And looks like i didnt learn anything. I am not very sharp. In every aspect of life i am a totally failure. Like totally

See this as an opportunity to get sharper.
    Why do you feel a failure ?
    Because of the decisions you make ?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Asimbaba,

It can be difficult when your boss does something of this nature and then expects you to be complicit in events.

Sounds to me, like a lot of small companies, your boss does business in cash, and more than likely his bank has been alerted to suspicious activity before, you have just been caught up in the whole thing.

Your boss should not treat you like this, it is wrong, but unfortunately there is very little you can do now, you could consider a written complaint to your bank, outlining your involvement in this, and dependent on the response, you could escalate it to the financial ombudsman service.

To complain to your bank, write a letter and send it to the customer complaints address, pending that, the FOS website can be found here :

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

They also operate a help line which you may find useful for further advice :

0800 023 4567.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure