Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mysteryminx
    • By mysteryminx 6th Jul 18, 3:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mysteryminx
    Go Out Doors - Faulty Tent - Returns policy
    • 6th Jul 18, 3:34 PM
    Go Out Doors - Faulty Tent - Returns policy 6th Jul 18 at 3:34 PM
    Hello,
    Looking for some advice -
    Bought a new tent in April, went on holiday with it last week (July) - I know I should of got it out went it arrived to check it over, but I was naive plus don't own a garden etc

A few of the windows were all done up twist and wonky, which struck me as odd, then on the outside where you peg in the poles, there was a big rip, plus there were a few small holes in the bedroom area

Contacted Go Out Doors, who said that within 30 days they would offer a repair, refund or exchange, but due to this being after 30 days and before a year, I can only get a repair.

This strikes me as a little unfair, as it arrived damaged, not like we damaged it etc

Any advice if I can push for a full replacement, or because they state that in their policy, am I stuck with just a repair?

Would it also be helpful to contact the manufacturers of the tent directly?
    Thanks
    Amy
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 6th Jul 18, 3:49 PM
    • 6,898 Posts
    • 15,034 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 6th Jul 18, 3:49 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 3:49 PM
    After 30 days they can choose the remedy, and a repair is indeed an option they can choose. You cannot push for a full replacement.

You need to realise that GO only have your word that you opened it 2/3 months later to find this damage. You could have done it yourself.

You can contact the manufacturer if you want, whether it would be helpful, I dont know.
    • bris
    • By bris 6th Jul 18, 10:13 PM
    • 8,076 Posts
    • 7,059 Thanks
    bris
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:13 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:13 PM
    You have to see it from their POV, sell a tent at holiday time, get it returned when holiday is over, you can see where this is going.

TBH repairing the tent is a good result, a rip and holes could just as easily be dismissed as user damage.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,930Posts Today

8,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How do you rate your energy provider's recent service? Please vote in the latest MSE site poll? https://t.co/nkYxGbiXqe

• RT @Gillsnatter: "The phrase I hate is: it's only money. Money is one of the biggest causes of divorce it's one of the biggest causes of me?

• RT @TrevorNeal: Thanks Martin! It didn?t go unnoticed. Good to meet you too. We?re more likely to Swing Our Pensions these days..! #MartinL?

• Follow Martin