Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 2:05 PM
    • 80Posts
    • 17Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Retrospective Right to buy discount
    • 6th Jul 18, 2:05 PM
    Retrospective Right to buy discount 6th Jul 18 at 2:05 PM
    Bit of a unanswerable question maybe but maybe someone has an idea.
    Currently the bill passed in 2016 giving Housing association tennents the same right to buy rights/discount as Council Tennents. But still I cant do it. As they seem to have no idea to implement the process or when its even going to happen after having a failed 1 year trial period theyre having another one. so at Earliest 2019..............
    Since all that is available at present is The Right to Acquire which is basically the same thing but a much smaller discount.
    Right to Acquire Discount 9000
    Right to Buy Discount 40,000

If its law since 2016 would there be grounds for a future refund of what i should be legally entitled to now as i don't think I can afford to wait any longer(or for a possible 2019) as ive actually been waiting since 2015, followed the bill through and it passed in 2016 and been waiting since
Page 6
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 7th Jul 18, 9:39 AM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 4,659 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    It will be the grammer and punktchooation police next lol
    Originally posted by WasntMeHonest
    No one's got the time to correct your spelling and punctuation errors. We'd be here for hours...

Fact is, you can only get a small discount at the moment - and this pleases me greatly. In fact, whenever I think of you and this thread I smile widely. End of conversation really
    Last edited by Lioness Twinkletoes; 07-07-2018 at 9:43 AM.
    • diggingdude
    • By diggingdude 7th Jul 18, 9:44 AM
    • 331 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    diggingdude
    Have you factored in any discount in rent you have had the whole time you have been in the bungalow compared to full market rates? Remember to thank us for that also
    House Deposit - Target 20000 April 2019
    Current Savings - 10225 13121.22 14621.22 16021
    • da_rule
    • By da_rule 7th Jul 18, 9:47 AM
    • 2,718 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    da_rule
    The situation is clear. There was a Housing Bill which was intended to introduce RTB to HA tenants. This made it through parliament as the 2016 Act which is only a stepping stone in granting compulsory RTB rights to HA tenants. The Act enabled the funding required and authorised HAs to voluntarily sign up to the RTB if they wished to do so.

The problem you have is that it appears your HA have not volunteered. This is/was entirely their choice. As it is voluntary they have done nothing wrong in not taking part. Likewise they do not have to explain their reasons for not taking part. The decision was made, the decision was lawful, and that is all that matters.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 7th Jul 18, 9:49 AM
    • 25,587 Posts
    • 93,607 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Think it's time to close this thread.

OP has had the only answer anyone can give, doesn't like it and is now taking up space on the front page with personal drivel.

Up to others whether they reciprocate, but I won't.
    If you are finding huge gaps between your paragraphs, MSE know about the problem. However, they aren't necessarily doing anything about it. More changes on the way?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5844460
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 10:01 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    davesnave
    If your even interested please read my other thread regarding Roadchef Clacket Lane. In parking fine bit. you will see im very reasonable , thankful , respectful and also helpful to other memebers and have interacted fully and to good success in my case. Davesnaves Like ive previously said , this was always going to decend into a farce like this judging by the early replys from other posters. I even post i fear this before any of it even stared. Low and behold it did, way before i disagreed or wouldnt accept what i was being told as you say.. Ive had great correspondance with Coupon-Mad , think he/she's got mores post than you. bet your gutted lolol
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 11:07 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    ASH28

If your also even interested please read my other thread regarding Roadchef Clacket Lane. In parking fine bit. you will see im very reasonable , thankful , respectful and also helpful to other memebers and have interacted fully and to good success in my case. This was always going to decend into a farce like this judging by the early replys from other posters. I even post i fear this before any of it even stared. Low and behold it did, way before i disagreed or wouldnt accept what i was being told as been told.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 11:22 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    ASH28

Very 1st reply. Went basically - Advice i could buy on open marked(knew this have reason s why i cant. Being a cash buyer. cant afford to other than my housing assocciation place) then and this is how i read it anyway Then Suggestively, I should give it up for someone who needs it. These are views of someone who has some sort of issue regarding just that. Me buying it and denying some else who needs it. I need it, I needed it , now i want to buy it. None of this is what my OP even asked. 1st reply in from regular poster on here
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 11:37 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Anyone and everyone
    1st reply basically went. Advice i could buy on open market (knew that) Got reason mainly high local prices and being a cash buyer due to inheritance sadly. But i can afford H/A Ive been in the ratrace before, payed off mortgage due to ill health & accident sold propertyetc Got H/A as i needed it. Now rather than get back in the ratrace somehow, ( i cant really , due to continued life long injury) So to buy it out right works for me. Just read some other comment how it pleases someone i can just get the small discount for now. Then getting back to the original 1st post response, its quite suggestive that if i bought on open market id free it up for someone who needs. Someone just like me to be fair but without inheritance which id swap all day long as would you for your parents back due to the cruel thing that is cancer. Isnt that abit wrong 1st post reply from a regular poster on this site.......... in my opinion i think thats someone who has an issue with right to buy fullstop. After all nothing he posted was of any great relevance other than the buy on open market and not even as what the OP was about
    Last edited by WasntMeHonest; 07-07-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:39 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    diggingdude
    Yes i have thank you very much. for starters originally it was housing benefit, only when my mums trust was done , little house in scotland sold, sold her car and all the other grim things i had to do Inheritance then was received, as youd expect things slightly changed, i had to start paying the rent out my own pocket ie mums inheritance till i obviuosly did something. Fact is considering that and other factors to long to go into. The figures work. just and achievable. So i hear what you say but yes. maybe in the future if things change , extension and it still works.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:46 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    da_rule
    i know all that aswell. ive spoke to my H/A and the have verbally said they would be talking part in the voluntary thing if and when its implemented. i do realise this is nothing to reply on, and the fact the are at this minute offering my right to acquire with it ready to sign if i want. would kind of suggest that aswell , but same as , im not relying on that and never would. I think i should of just started a thread saying " Anyone Else waiting H/A RTB" and maybe had a discussion with others still waiting wondering like me.. I didnt come on here for a fight , Im simply doing what i promised my mum on her death bed at the hospice in her last months before id even kind of knew about RTB, Previous to that i can just about remember the Thatcher stuff as a pre teen but thats only through clips you see on old news clips, satire programmes etc
    Last edited by WasntMeHonest; 07-07-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,095Posts Today

6,822Users online

Martin's Twitter