Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 2:05 PM
    • 80Posts
    • 17Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Retrospective Right to buy discount
    • 6th Jul 18, 2:05 PM
    Retrospective Right to buy discount 6th Jul 18 at 2:05 PM
    Bit of a unanswerable question maybe but maybe someone has an idea.
    Currently the bill passed in 2016 giving Housing association tennents the same right to buy rights/discount as Council Tennents. But still I cant do it. As they seem to have no idea to implement the process or when its even going to happen after having a failed 1 year trial period theyre having another one. so at Earliest 2019..............
    Since all that is available at present is The Right to Acquire which is basically the same thing but a much smaller discount.
    Right to Acquire Discount 9000
    Right to Buy Discount 40,000

If its law since 2016 would there be grounds for a future refund of what i should be legally entitled to now as i don't think I can afford to wait any longer(or for a possible 2019) as ive actually been waiting since 2015, followed the bill through and it passed in 2016 and been waiting since
Page 5
    • YoungBlueEyes
    • By YoungBlueEyes 7th Jul 18, 12:21 AM
    • 251 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    YoungBlueEyes
    So sign the papers then.
    • YoungBlueEyes
    • By YoungBlueEyes 7th Jul 18, 12:29 AM
    • 251 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    YoungBlueEyes
    You missed the reference in the last line of my post.

There was a thread on here not long ago about a guy who was convinced his flat was completely insellable, and what would happen to it if he died. He was given good advice in post after post after post, but refused all help and info as he was convinced he knew better. It ran for pages and pages, with him just repeating himself and contradicting everyone who replied.

I am not saying that guy was you. I am aware you're in a bungalow not a flat.

My point is that this has the makings of turning into the other guy's thread, with you knowing better, refusing help, and basically just repeating yourself.

Sign the papers already.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:30 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    youngblueeyes
    Like I said to mystic mije1983. I need that bigger 38k discount for my addictions and to move to Jaywick by the sea so I can get on my favorite programme on channel 5. benefits by the sea
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:33 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    youngblueeyes
    And whos stated mine is unsellable or may well be .......... Sod that other guy none of my concern. It would fly off the market, even more so with an extension, but even without it would literally go like hot cakes. So do you aswell as mystic mije1983 know something i dont????
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 7th Jul 18, 12:34 AM
    • 4,572 Posts
    • 6,593 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    And it continues..... HAVENT I ALREADY STATED I HAVE ALREADY APPLIED FOR THE RIGHT TO ACQUIRE, BEEN GIVEN THEIR VALUATION, TOTAL PRICE, ETC THUS KNOWING FULL WELL ITS FOR SALE AND NOT ONE OF THESE ADAPTED PROPERTIES YOU KEEP REFERRING TOO. I HAVENT SIGNED OR AGREED YET AS I HAVE A SET TIME DATE TO DECIDE, WHICH FUNNY ENOUGH IS WHERE I AM AT NOW AND KEEP STATING DID I NOT?? SO YES THEY'LL SELL AND NO ITS NO GOING TO BE ONE OF THE LIST THAT THE WONT. I ASKED THIS STRAIGHT AWAY WITH MY INITIAL INQUIRY
    Originally posted by WasntMeHonest

OK so why haven't you acquired it then if they say you can?
    • YoungBlueEyes
    • By YoungBlueEyes 7th Jul 18, 12:40 AM
    • 251 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    YoungBlueEyes
    To quote yourself back to you - read what is actually written. I didn't say yours was unsellable.

Signed the papers yet?
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:42 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    maybe i should become a psychic, after all in post 4 of page one im predicting it would descent into this long before it did, infact going by the very 1st reply to my intitial post was it ever going to go any other way.............. Anyway, 2nd online poker tourney well underway, and yes i am really playing and not for my jaywick trip lol So until i get knocked out or win, fingers crossed, Im good to continue all night long
    Last edited by WasntMeHonest; 07-07-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:44 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    No Youngblueeyes, Pen's run out. Hold on i'll try writing in my own blood....... seems i dont have any. Wish i could do a scary emoji right now
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:48 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    As previously STATED YET AGAIN CAKEGUTS. I HAVE TIME TO DECIDE, AS DO ALL THESE PROCESSES. MAYBE YOU JUST LIKE ME REPEATING MYSELF, SORRY IF THEY DIDNT JUST LAND ON THE DOOR, I OPENED THEM AND SIGNED THEM WITHOUT THOUGHT OR DELIBERATION. SURE IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT OH GREAT ONE??
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:52 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Maybe mystic mije1983 could clear up this one .................... Can i allow myself thinking time? Now rubbing crystal ball, why else do you think or why would you even ask such a silly question lol
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 12:55 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Can i get banned for Sarcasm???
    Do I care if i get banned for sarcasm....??

Another case for Mystic Mire1983 maybe??
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 2:35 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    cakeguts
    There is absolutely nothing stopping you from buying on the open market. It won't be backdated. If you can't wait any longer buy on the open market and leave your housing association property for someone who hasn't got anywhere to live and can't afford to buy anything.
    Originally posted by Cakeguts
    Quite a comment considering it was the 1st reply to my post. sums you up in a nutshell and you wonder why it descended into nonsense and waffle. basically Leave for someone with no where to Live and cant afford to buy anything. Great welcome and opener
    • da_rule
    • By da_rule 7th Jul 18, 7:39 AM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 2,395 Thanks
    da_rule
    The fundamental argument you seem to be trying to make is that other people are doing it so why are you unable to? The answer is simple, because the law says these other people can. The law is clear, HA tenants (unless they are in the trial areas) have the RTA not the RTB.

A little example. A ward councillor has recently died in a neighbouring ward next to the ward I live in. My house looks out over a row of hedges and trees and the houses on the other side of those hedges are in the other ward. The people living there, some of whom I know, will be allowed to vote in the by-election. I will not be allowed to. It is foreseeable that this new councillor may make decisions that either directly or indirectly impact on me or my property, given my close proximity to the ward boundary, however I still cannot vote.

The reason I cannot vote? Because the law says so. It does not matter that some other people can, or that I know some of those who can, or even that I live close enough to the ward boundary I could probably throw a rock over it from my house. The law is black and white, do I live in the ward where the election is due to take place? No. Therefore I cannot vote.

This is the same in your case, the law is black and white. Do you live in an area that is trialing RTB for HA tenants? No. Therefore you do not have the RTB.

No one is preventing you getting something you are entitled to, as you are not entitled to the RTB. You will also not be able to claim for the lost discount as, at the time, you were not legally entitled to it. You cannot claim something, in law, that you were not legally (be that by statute or contract) entitled to.

Say for arguments sake you have a car, I cannot just demand to have your car as I am not entitled to it. However, if we had a contract whereby you had promised to give me the car if I cleaned your windows and I had done my side of the bargain I would have a claim against your car, through the courts if necessary, as I have a legal entitlement to it.
    Last edited by da_rule; 07-07-2018 at 7:43 AM.
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 7th Jul 18, 8:29 AM
    • 4,642 Posts
    • 2,905 Thanks
    csgohan4
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 8:44 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    da_rule
    I get all that as fully agreed before. What i dont get is this Law thing? Some people on here have already stated its not a law its a bill. Its not even Law. the bill passed in 2016 but people are seem too be suggesting i wont be able to get it, it might be on the adapted property list etc. Now are you saying it is a Law???? Yes a Law, that is Law but not for some as we both keep agreeing on , its quite simply me being unlucky with not being in a Trial Agreed aswell. My point being ..... Isnt this a site to ask questions like i have. Maybe someone has already asked this maybe not on here but somewhere to someone?? Im not unique in waiting , like 1000s of other people are still in Limbo like me waiting for something, sometime that was promised, that the people in charge of it quite clearly have no idea how to implement it lol (yet again) Look at any of Governments ideas form the past and failures. I know this, we know this , you know this. . THEY ARE USELESS!! END OF !! Now as a site, people on here seem to strive to help with stuff. This is only my 2nd ever post. !st post was for advice about an unfair private parking charge. Which was brilliant to be fair, loads of help and happily successful. Theres plenty of people in the same boat as me, waiting, waiting , waiting............... Still no updates, still nothing other than a new futher trials (midlands Trial) Trial because the 1st one flopped because of total lack of ideas on how to even do it. Familiar Pattern maybe???? Brexit??? Northern Powerhouse ??? Railways?? the list goes on....... Anyway Like i keep saying, If anyone hasnt raised it somewhere before then Why ? im sure other people wondering the same , want to know the same!! And like i thought this site was about a platform to ask if anyone has, and if i decide I do feel unfair about and no doubt other waiters do aswell. And like everyone keeps drumming into me, No Discount Rebate. No No No. All im saying is............. People come on here with lots of issues. parking for example. As i originally did. There is endless post of people being told, no you cant do this, you owe us this, you owe them that, Your waisting your time etc you wont win etc but people still try and question Why. No chance in challenging or question something. But every now and again the odd surprise. Maybe i do have grounds, who knows but Id take a punt that no one on here is truely qualified with the complex rules regs, laws on the whole Right to Buy, small print , sub clauses etc. So like i say again. I shall try somewhere else, hopefully to the right person and see where i get
    Last edited by WasntMeHonest; 07-07-2018 at 9:04 AM.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 9:01 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    da_rule
    With all due respect, it was always going to be a sticky subject. Had i asked a more possibly valid question maybe. . I even wrote that in the 4th post down or something this would happen long before my sarcasm and waffle started. People on here Clearly have views on Right to Buy Regardless of what i asked. People clearly come across as that. Some think i should be grateful, Sell if for someone more worthy, that need it or cant afford a house. Some people id say clearly Dont even agree with the Right to Buy. and the loss of social housing etc. Ive never had a strong view on any of it to be honest. Infact hadnt really given it any thought until my mother died and i looked into buy from a Housing Asscociation. In my opinion some people on here dont even think i should have the right to buy just because i received a decent wedge of inheritence
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 9:19 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    da_rule
    Page 1, 1st reply of this tread for instance, Opening Line...... Suggesting buying on the open market, free it up, giving it to someone who needs it, i needed it when given this place, but now want to buy it... Oh No!! Shame on Me!! Not even given the credit for having the knowledge of already realising i could quite easily buy on the open market, isnt it about whats best for myself. Seeing as though im a cash buyer but my budget wont push to some of the property prices round my way. The only option other than another loan/mortgage is to try and buy whats most affordable to me and that being my housing assocciation house. or just to fritter it all way on Rent???
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 9:24 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    csgohan4
    Thank you for joining in with the Sarcasm. Its great Fun. Not a bad opener from yourself may i add. Can you raise your game though and actually post something with a bit more of a comical nature please? Like i say not a bad sarcastic opener, but it hardly had my sides splitting
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 9:30 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    csgohan4
    Salted or Sweet by the way mate????? Sunkist or Tescos own brand?? I bet your so rich as you seem to be with knowledge and wisdom you buy it from the cinema and bathe in it
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 7th Jul 18, 9:34 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    not even bothered about my original post anymore to be fair, id rather just argue with you guys all day and day dream about my move to Jaywick by the Sea , so i can fit in with all the other scroungers and plebs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

1,283Users online

Martin's Twitter