Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trum
    • By Trum 6th Jul 18, 11:46 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Trum
    Canceling a Vodafone contract 2 months early and transferring my number?
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:46 AM
    Canceling a Vodafone contract 2 months early and transferring my number? 6th Jul 18 at 11:46 AM
    On the recommendation of the forum i went for a plus net monthly sim and i just received it, i currently pay 9.80 a month to Vodafone, it was a 12 month contract and it ends in september so 2 more billing cycles. Now i want my number from my vodafone contract moved to Plus Net, obviously im happy to pay the last 2 months of the contract as its just that, a contract but do Vodafone allow me to pay the 2 months in one go to end it now? Are there any other options for transferring my number? I dont exactly relish the idea of calling up as every time i have called in the past its a call centre in Egypt and they cant understand my Scottish accent.....
Page 1
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 6th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 5,476 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    call up and get your pac you will then get a final bill to pay in a couple of weeks
    • Trum
    • By Trum 6th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Trum
    • 6th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    call up and get your pac you will then get a final bill to pay in a couple of weeks
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    Ok but how does the costs work? Will there be an early cancelation fee or will i just have to pay the rest of my contract? I dont want to be spending more than i have to when its only 18 for the next 2 months of contract, out of principle alone i would prefer to wait.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 6th Jul 18, 4:46 PM
    • 8,991 Posts
    • 6,723 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 6th Jul 18, 4:46 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 4:46 PM
    The final bill should be the 2 months charge plus any out of tariff charges for calls you have already made (if any)
    • macman
    • By macman 6th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 42,663 Posts
    • 17,938 Thanks
    macman
    • 6th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    If you wait for the 12m to run then you will not be able to port the number out until then.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Trum
    • By Trum 6th Jul 18, 6:56 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Trum
    • 6th Jul 18, 6:56 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 6:56 PM
    As an update i called Vodafone, they charged me 12 to cancel my contract + 9 for 1 more months bill so a total of 21 so only 3 more than it would have been leaving it until the contract was up. Got my PAC code and it should be worked out by Tuesday. PERFECT! Its amazing when i explained the deal PlusNet gave me they didnt push anymore about trying to keep me as a customer, how do they stay in business when they offer such a small number of minutes and small data usage, seems crazy that people would stick with them!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,676Posts Today

4,899Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin