Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jelly2018
    • By jelly2018 6th Jul 18, 11:46 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jelly2018
    Advice Please: Local Parking Security
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:46 AM
    Advice Please: Local Parking Security 6th Jul 18 at 11:46 AM
    Hi everyone
    I received a parking ticket from Local Parking Security in Ashford, Surrey). After looking on this site and following the advice I have used the standard letter on the newbies thread which begins "I appeal and dispute your 'parking charge'..."

Today I received an email back, which I have copied below. But I'm not sure what to do now?? Sorry if I have missed this somewhere - is anyone able to help? Let me know if you need any more info with which to help.

Thank you in advance!

We advise that the Ashford car park now operates as pay and display system for all car park users. This is clearly stated on the signs located throughout the car park.

The Ashford Car Park operates on an ANPR basis therefore this picks up the vehicle registration entering and exiting the car park. This then calculates the amount of time spent in the car park.

We are aware that this is a one way system. Due to this we allow 10 minutes for vehicles to drive through the car park to the exit.

We advise that upon entering the car park a ticket should be purchased from the machines, entering your vehicle registration. This is will then communicate with our camera operated ANPR system

As no payment for parking was made/ ticket purchased, the notice to keeper was issued correctly

Please find attached our photographic evidence of your vehicle entering and exciting the car park.

The legal basis of the Parking Charge Notice is based on the contract entered by drivers who park on private land. The terms and conditions upon which the contract is based is clearly stated on all signage located throughout the car park. When parking on private land the motorist freely enters into an agreement to abide by the conditions for parking in return for permission to park, it is the motorists responsibility to ensure they abide by any clearly displayed conditions for parking.

Local Parking Security Ltd manages the car park on behalf of the landowners. The terms and conditions for parking including the parking charges applicable are clearly stated on the signs located throughout the car park. Confirmation of this will be provided to POPLA upon POPLA!!!8217;s request
    Thank you for your appeal against the parking charge notice issued by us to you on 26th June 2018 for the contravention that happened on the 20th June 2018. Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we regret your appeal has been unsuccessful for the following reasons:

!!!8226; Failure to Pay for the Duration Of Stay

You now have a number of options:

1. Pay the parking charge Notice at the reduced amount of 60.00 within 14 days. Please note that after this time the parking charge notice will increase to 100.00.

2. Make an appeal to POPLA !!!8211; The independent Appeals Service by visiting <I removed URL here> and submitting your appeal online. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of 60.00, and should POPLA!!!8217;s decision not go in your favour you will be required to pay the full amount of 100.00. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA.

3. If you choose to do nothing we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.

If you wish to appeal to POPLA, please submit your appeal online by visiting
    <I removed link here>
    When submitting your appeal to POPLA, please use verification code
    Please note that you have 28 days from the date of this email to submit your appeal to POPLA.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services < removed link here> provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.

Yours Sincerely,
    Appeals Department
    Last edited by jelly2018; 06-07-2018 at 1:51 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Jul 18, 12:26 PM
    • 36,247 Posts
    • 20,512 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:26 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:26 PM
    What to do when the initial appeal fails is covered in the Newbies FAQ thread #3

Go there now to learn about how to deal with Popla appeals

Construct yours and post it here for comments before sending it
  • hap397
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:42 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:42 PM
    I would suggest editing your post to remove your POPLA code!
    • jelly2018
    • By jelly2018 6th Jul 18, 1:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jelly2018
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:52 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:52 PM
    Whoops, thanks for pointing that out!
    • jelly2018
    • By jelly2018 6th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jelly2018
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    Ok, looks like I need to go and get some photos of the signage. Will report back - thanks for your help.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jul 18, 1:59 PM
    • 59,411 Posts
    • 72,564 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:59 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:59 PM
    Was the PCN a windscreen one, not followed by any Notice to Keeper?

If so then you win on that basis and 'no NTK' and 'the appellant has not been shown to be the individual liable' are your first 2 POPLA points.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jelly2018
    • By jelly2018 6th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jelly2018
    • 6th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    There was just a letter through the post - no notice left on the windscreen...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 12:01 AM
    • 59,411 Posts
    • 72,564 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:01 AM
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:01 AM
    OK, so did it arrive by day 15, and what was the wording lower down the NTK, where it talks (if it does) about if they do not know the name do the driver the registered keeper will be liable?

You can show the NTK to us if you take a pic (cover your name/address) and host the images of both sides of the PCN in Dropbox, then show us a BROKEN LINK as you can't post links yet.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,617Posts Today

8,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• The fight to divorce mental health and debt... https://t.co/G3pyGje6Kh

• Follow Martin