Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • helpneedednewbiew
    • By helpneedednewbiew 6th Jul 18, 7:01 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    helpneedednewbiew
    Postal PCN only from Civil enforcement Limmited (With actual PCN images) - Need help please
    • 6th Jul 18, 7:01 AM
    Postal PCN only from Civil enforcement Limmited (With actual PCN images) - Need help please 6th Jul 18 at 7:01 AM
    Hi MSE and to all its members and staff,

(Please see postal front and backend of PCN by the company Civil Enforcement Limited also t/as Starpark & Creative Car Park & Parksolve in case you want to see what it looks like in this post which may help you somehow. Also, the sign that states the information about parking times etc.)

I have gone through the relevant posts for this type of thread and wanted to make sure I have the right information and also defense template to send these people.

I have found the template that may apply to me from this thread "**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!" by Coupon-mad

a) Is the below template I need to send them via email for my defense and initial/first appeal?

b) Anything to add based on the PCN attached that could help me?

TEMPLATE TO SEND

Re PCN number:

I appeal and dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there an agreed contract. Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and the prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN, I require with your rejection letter, all images taken of this vehicle & the signs at the location that day. Do not withhold any images or data later relied on for POPLA/court.

Firms of your ilk were unanimously condemned in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18). The BPA & IPC were heavily criticised too; hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admit to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and say on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog).

I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed unanimously: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

Formal note:

Service of any rejection letter/POPLA code and/or legal documents by email is expressly disallowed. All responses to me from this point on must be made by post. Regardless of any MCOL online/email system, service of any court claim must only be made by first class post to the latest address provided by me.

Yours faithfully,
    END OF TEMPLATE

Can someone please advise me so I can send my defense/appeal to these people so I can try and remove this PCN.

Thanking you in advance for all your help and advice in advance!

Cannot post link of PCN image
    Cannot post link of PCN image
    Cannot post link of signimage
    Beause of this error: "Sorry as a new user you are not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. Please edit your message below to continue."
    Will update if you can tell me how many posts I need or how long I need to be a member? It will help others if they can see the images of the PCN I received and the sign. Hopefully, you can tell me a workaround for this.
    Last edited by helpneedednewbiew; 06-07-2018 at 9:39 AM. Reason: removing details as advised
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jul 18, 8:17 AM
    • 23,076 Posts
    • 36,660 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Jul 18, 8:17 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 8:17 AM
    Just send that template - no additions, no edits. CEL often cancel once they know you're being assisted by the forum.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • helpneedednewbiew
    • By helpneedednewbiew 6th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    helpneedednewbiew
    • 6th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    Hi Umkomaas,

Thanks for the quick reply.

To note, their website asks the question:
    "Are you the driver of the vehicle?" with a Yes or No option before proceeding with the actual appeal.

I have read the post by Coupon-mad and it says this: "THE DRIVER IS NOT IDENTIFIED"

Thanks very much for your help thus far and so happy we have people like you guys and this website to get some true free advice and materials to help us. Please let me know where to donate to assist somehow if you have the option. Maybe you should set it up, if not.

I remember watching Martin Lewis on Telly years ago on the giving advice about all types of consumer issues, can't remember which shows, however.
    Last edited by helpneedednewbiew; 06-07-2018 at 9:26 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Jul 18, 9:12 AM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,592 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Jul 18, 9:12 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 9:12 AM
    No option here for donations. But beware any pm you might get from lurkers offering "professional" help now you have mentioned paying

Maybe make a donation to your favourite charity.

(Mr Lewis has no input in this particular private parking forum)

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
    • helpneedednewbiew
    • By helpneedednewbiew 6th Jul 18, 9:38 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    helpneedednewbiew
    • 6th Jul 18, 9:38 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 9:38 AM
    Appreciate the warning in advance, it is true that money does not talk anymore but in actuality, it screams in this day and age.

I will give something to charity on your behalf, kind way and approach on your part to suggest it.

Yes, I am aware he does not have any input probably on most of the forum, I just remembered watching him on telly many years ago, thought of him as very charismatic with his knowledge on consumer issues.

Thanks again, I have done so and been on this site a few times before and in fact, got the cheapest insurance quote through the MSE referral car insurance comparison site over two months ago after I compared around 6 of the main comparison sites. Was very surprised by the saving I received in comparison to the ones that spend much on marketing campaigns promising to save you money.
    Last edited by helpneedednewbiew; 06-07-2018 at 9:41 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 70,389 Posts
    • 82,979 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    To note, their website asks the question:
    "Are you the driver of the vehicle?" with a Yes or No option before proceeding with the actual appeal.
    Does it let you not answer? Does it ask anything else in the same sentence?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • helpneedednewbiew
    • By helpneedednewbiew 20th Jul 18, 9:10 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    helpneedednewbiew
    • 20th Jul 18, 9:10 AM
    • 20th Jul 18, 9:10 AM
    Does it let you not answer? Does it ask anything else in the same sentence?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Hi Coupon-mad,

I apologize for the late reply, I work very long hours and seldom on my laptop.

I had it in hibernation, just turned it on and saw the page and decided to refresh and saw your message.

As far I remember, it was just that initial question with the "Yes" or "No" options and nothing else before actually proceeding to the apppeal.

Does this have any change on my appeal which I filed? I have not received a reply via post as of yet either.

Thank you.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,592 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 20th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    • 20th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    Assuming you said "no", it won't affect anything
    • helpneedednewbiew
    • By helpneedednewbiew 20th Jul 18, 10:00 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    helpneedednewbiew
    • 20th Jul 18, 10:00 AM
    • 20th Jul 18, 10:00 AM
    Assuming you said "no", it won't affect anything
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Hi Quentin,

I am very silly and actually clicked the "Yes" as I thought it would not let me move forward with the appeal unless I did so.

I am really worried now about it, I am guessing I have to wait for their reply bbefore doing anything else.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jul 18, 9:13 PM
    • 70,389 Posts
    • 82,979 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Jeez, despite the entire forum (every post) saying never to say who was driving?!

Not a SINGLE other poster has ever said that CEL forces you to say who was driving.

Luckily for you CEL are beatable at POPLA (probably) even when someone has done that, and if not, then they are beatable if they later try a court claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Jul 18, 9:30 PM
    • 38,643 Posts
    • 22,592 Thanks
    Quentin
    Hi Quentin,

I am very silly and actually clicked the "Yes" as I thought it would not let me move forward with the appeal unless I did so.......
    Originally posted by helpneedednewbiew
    When you came here you got advised on this very issue (#4) AND acted on the advice.

Now this??
    • helpneedednewbiew
    • By helpneedednewbiew 30th Oct 18, 11:23 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    helpneedednewbiew
    Just an update on this.

It has been 3 months and did not hear anything else from them since I appealed.

Should of I expected anything through the post from them?

Thanks
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Oct 18, 11:34 AM
    • 5,007 Posts
    • 6,251 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Well, yes. Rejection or acceptance of appeal!
    You knew this from reading the newbies thread.
    Did yo uuse an email address? coudl it have gone to junk?
    • helpneedednewbiew
    • By helpneedednewbiew 16th Apr 19, 1:15 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    helpneedednewbiew
    Hi, I know it has been a long time.

I have not heard anything from them, in the post or anything else. I don't remember giving out an email address and if I did, I always checked it and nothing.

Just thought I update this, in case anyone else comes across this company and receives a ticket, just follow this thread and you should hopefully be good.
    Last edited by helpneedednewbiew; 16-04-2019 at 1:16 PM. Reason: Typos
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Apr 19, 1:38 PM
    • 23,076 Posts
    • 36,660 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi, I know it has been a long time.

I have not heard anything from them, in the post or anything else. I don't remember giving out an email address and if I did, I always checked it and nothing.

Just thought I update this, in case anyone else comes across this company and receives a ticket, just follow this thread and you should hopefully be good.
    Originally posted by helpneedednewbiew
    Just so you have complete peace of mind, go to their website and to their ‘Pay My PCN’ (or whatever they call it) and login to check the status of the charge.

CEL don’t normally let the opportunity go to extract money from anyone.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,618Posts Today

7,393Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin