Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 5th Jul 18, 10:56 PM
    • 80Posts
    • 17Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    CP Plus Clacket Lane
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:56 PM
    CP Plus Clacket Lane 5th Jul 18 at 10:56 PM
    Great site guys!! Im new to all this after getting a Registered Keeper Notice for overstaying 2hours. total time - 3 hr 30 odd mins
    Entry Time - 3.40 ish am to 7.10 ish am. The Registered car is Registered disabled. Now this is where i need assistance and advice. Ive read all the newbie posts/ sticky threads etc. Seem to understand most of that after several reads lol So am i right in doing this please guys??
    Step 1. complain to land owner
    Step 2. complain to m.p
    Step 3. use templates to appeal.
    If a person in the car is a bluebadge holder also just out of interest, you pull off in the early hours for safety due to illness, park for a few hours, which is what is suggested , Park , rest , stay safe etc. Go over by an hour or so and get a parking charge. What if you drive straight in in the dead of night? dont even go near the shops/garage, park as far as possible away from everything and the carpark is completely empty?? How are the losing out other than the parking? Im still reading through other posts to find out about empty carparks, etc Anyway Cheers guys hope that makes sense and is in the right place etc
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Jul 18, 11:01 PM
    • 10,609 Posts
    • 10,991 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:01 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:01 PM
    What if you drive straight in in the dead of night? dont even go near the shops/garage, park as far as possible away from everything and the carpark is completely empty?? How are the losing out other than the parking?
    None of that is important.

Send the blue text appeal from post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

That's it. Nothing more at this stage.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 5th Jul 18, 11:14 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:14 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:14 PM
    Thanks KeithP much appreciated. I am on the case lol just wanted to double check. Will do Do I add in the copy of the blue badge at this stage with it?? as it suggested on the thread. Registered keeper and passengers are blue badge holders. Whos would you send if i do , do it at this stage please?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Jul 18, 11:23 PM
    • 10,609 Posts
    • 10,991 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:23 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:23 PM
    Hmmm... not sure a blue badge is going to help with a two hour overstay, but wait for others to comment.

You can of course complain to the site management - Roadchef.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 5th Jul 18, 11:28 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:28 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:28 PM
    Thanks Keith , no worries. its a 1hour 36min over stay in the early hour of the morning due to illness, in a part of the country never visited before .Crazy!! So fingers crossed. Once again Thanks I already googled the site manager yesterday and tried ringing her but it was almost 6pm and got her answer machine. Should I be ringing her or just do it by post only? or both even? I will obviously talk to her being the registered keeper
    Last edited by WasntMeHonest; 05-07-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 5th Jul 18, 11:50 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:50 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:50 PM
    I think i feel more confident already, especially after visiting this site and reading all the posts and threads. It does say:- Blue Badge holders and also no blue badge with debilitating condition
    and will be legally entitled to a 'reasonable adjustment'. That can and should include an extension of time, over and above free or paid-for parking time.

I hope 1hr 36 mins is a reasonable adjustment especially due to the fact it was for safety lol
    And the fun begins.............. lol
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jul 18, 12:57 AM
    • 63,843 Posts
    • 76,501 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:57 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:57 AM
    Yes but none of that matters as long as the driver is not implied. CP Plus will fold.

The Registered car is Registered disabled.
    No such thing since the 1960's, as a 'disabled register'! You can't be registered disabled.

But none of this matters. Attach a blue badge or two if the keeper wants to.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    Thankyou for you response Coupon mad, yeah i understand what mean. i actually meant the car is taxed as disabled, thought this might of shown up when CP Plus asked DVLA when the contacted them about the registered keeper. Quick Update :--- After ringing site manager at Clacket lane, was told by her " I was making a big drama over nothing" and then told that and I quote :-- Why didnt you get out and have a walk over to WH SMIths. Bearing in mind ive told her the registered keeper and passengers are disabled.!! I said Excuse me....!!! Its not quite as simple as just getting out and Walking. How dare she suggest that we just get out and walk. So it continues. All she tried to get me to do and seemed interested in was complain to CP PLUS. Anyway I shall carry on, followed your guidelines, and put my complain in writing& email to Clacket Lane Site manager.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    New Update : )
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    After more googling i went abit futher and rang the Head Office at Roadchef to complain about
    1. The unfair ticket
    2. The discrimination received in a call to Clackett Lane Roadchef.to initially report my complaint

After a long call with Head Office and and me expressing my utter disgust and anger at being treated like this , they have decided to cancel the Parking Charge Notice. So it looks like after reading your advice, standing my ground and telling them my utter disgust and i was contacting my MP etc I seem to have to got somewhere. Will keep you updated once its hopefully finalised
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 12:28 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    If it helps, i googled Roadchef, went to their site and found the highest head honcho's number I could find and rang it. It was a senior manager. Put on my posh'est voice lol, pleaded my case and disgust and it seems to be Job Done.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 12:53 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    What was interesting was when I asked about if i was legally entitled to a Reasonable Adjustment that can and include an extension of time over and above free or paid for parking. I pressed them on this and asked if there was any definitive time scale as to whats a Reasonable Adjustment? How do you define that time period, whats deemed beyond reasonable adjustment etc? With no answers what so ever and not able to provide me with any guidelines as to whats acceptable and whats not. I think at that point bearing in mind the registered car stopped due to illness in an empty car park at 3.30ish am they realised it was pointless them continuing. Or maybe its just me feeling good about myself hahahaha it looks like they listened, Just awaiting confirmation of cancellation it seems. Hopefully thats the end of it but Thanks Anyway Guys for some of your quick responses. Nice one
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 1:16 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    I told them that to my knowledge no one in the registered car read any signs, not by neglect but due to slightly more pressing issues of a person in the car who is registered disabled and a blue badge holder becoming ill. I also told them that the registered car in question was in a totally unknown area, and abit lost. So ive clearly said no one read the signs, i didnt dispute the size of them , their placement. I simply told them no they didnt read them because they were busy. Hope this helps any other Disabled driver although its by no means a guideline or standard. It just my experience and 1st one of this crazy private car parking firms.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 6th Jul 18, 1:19 PM
    • 2,001 Posts
    • 2,702 Thanks
    Castle
    My local council allows Blue Badge Holders twice as long for the same cost in their car parks. (For example, for 3 a Blue badge holder can park for 4 hours but non BB holders only for 2 hours).
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    This wasnt local council, it was a private parking firm. CP PLUS on private land and what ive read over the past week on here. Different. But yeah just shows how rediculous it all is. Exactly on that point I should get the same at roadchef. If only we lived in an ideal world. Legal Theft !!! thats what is is !!! I told them id go to Twitter, Facebook, My M.P , Appeal etc. Maybe when I said id go to Anne Robinson on Watchdog helped hahaha I very much doubt it but id love to think it did lol I was giggling to myself when i said it on the phone lolol Im not even sure Anne Robinson is on Watchdog these days, i dont even watch it
    Last edited by WasntMeHonest; 06-07-2018 at 1:28 PM.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 6th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 2,001 Posts
    • 2,702 Thanks
    Castle
    This wasnt local council, it was a private parking firm. CP PLUS on private land and what ive read over the past week on here. Different. But yeah just shows how rediculous it all is. Exactly on that point I should get the same at roadchef. If only we lived in an ideal world.
    Originally posted by WasntMeHonest
    Agreed totally different, but it does at least indicate what a council believes is a "reasonable adjustment".
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 1:35 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Im quite lucky most of ours in my area are free, even some of the big ones and multistorey. I feel for you having to pay even if you do get double time. So much unfairness it it all. This is my 1st experience of Motorway service stations sending a registered keeper a supposed fine.
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 1:38 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Yeah thats very interesting and much appreciated, certainly a time scale of reasonable adjustment being applied in that instance
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 6th Jul 18, 1:38 PM
    • 3,348 Posts
    • 2,301 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Well done on getting it cancelled. Make sure you get it in writing, preferably from CP Plus that it is cancelled.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jul 18, 1:39 PM
    • 63,843 Posts
    • 76,501 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I told them id go to Twitter, Facebook, My M.P
    Well done - but still send the CP Plus appeal wording, adding that Roadchef Head Office (Name of Head Honcho) has cancelled it due to a disability discrimination complaint.

Don't assume a PPC scumbag will do what Roadchef tell them, force the issue.

How about also complaining to your MP now anyway, about CP Plus and the entire industry, after watching the Parliamentary debate from February, to get your MP on board to support the Bill through its next stages, to rein them in:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5787731

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Shocking scam.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • WasntMeHonest
    • By WasntMeHonest 6th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    WasntMeHonest
    Yeah i wont just assume. The head honcho gave me their email address, to send the charge number and car registration. I didnt put any name etc on it, just a brief Thankyou. The Honcho said they were then doing it personally and contacting CP PLUS to cancel it. At some points in the call it descended into something off Question Time on the T.V. But I kept at it and didnt become abusive etc. My initial call to Clacket was very heated. I did become abit angry and told them to P OFF. hench I rang the main office. I even told the Head honcho the 1st call got heated and even told them P OFF in anger and they were actually cool with that aswell. Yes i will certainly do that. Will get reading and complain to my M.P. Ive read so much interesting stuff already the past week or so on here. did catch the bit about the report and am up for doing that. Im still waiting for the 2016 bill that was passed giving housing tennents the right to buy Became Law in 2016 and i still cant even buy mine Seems a familiar pattern
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,330Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin