Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rkelly
    • By rkelly 5th Jul 18, 10:10 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    rkelly
    Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:10 PM
    Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace 5th Jul 18 at 10:10 PM
    Anyone else waiting for the so-called 50 bonus which was promised for the Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed

I've emailed them three times now and not a single reply. I've had that automated reply which says they will respond in 48 hours, but nothing.

Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending? Raisin customer support is non existent and the bonus feels like a scam.

Anyone else in the same boat? Raisin deserve to be named and shamed.
Page 7
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 24th Sep 18, 7:04 AM
    • 4,608 Posts
    • 15,143 Thanks
    Westie983
    Email received confirming I'll receive the 10 too:

Thank you for your email.

Yes, you will also receive the 10 for opting in to Starling.

Please note that the payment process can take around 14 business days to complete after your new Raisin Account has been opened.

We will send you an email as soon as your new Account is available.
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    Who did you email? I too opted in before the offer came out.

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2019 #10 Total (16000)+0/12000 = 0.0%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 12 #97 Total (450)+1/500 = 0.20% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2018 1 a Day #2 Total (165)+0/365 = 0.00%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (1300)+0/1000 = 0.00%
    2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (1030)+0/2000 = 0.0%

Total 1.00/15865 = 2.00%
    I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Aubrey Horrocks
    • By Aubrey Horrocks 24th Sep 18, 8:53 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Aubrey Horrocks
    I very much doubt (and hope) that they wouldn't do that. Restricting access to only app-based would rule out a lot of customers and make more work for them in the long run.
    Originally posted by darren72

I agree with what you say. But my concerns remain that (i) desktop/laptop banking is seeing a shrinking demographic; and (ii) more worryingly (with reference to Raisin's banking arrangements) I see that Starling Bank's website trumpets them as being a 'UK mobile-only bank account' (ie app-based only).

For those reasons, I have specifically not 'opted in' to the Raisin/Starling arrangement.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 24th Sep 18, 12:24 PM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 2,108 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Who did you email? I too opted in before the offer came out.

Westie983
    Originally posted by Westie983
    service@raisin.co.uk
    • Aubrey Horrocks
    • By Aubrey Horrocks 24th Sep 18, 12:55 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Aubrey Horrocks
    I very much doubt (and hope) that they wouldn't do that. Restricting access to only app-based would rule out a lot of customers and make more work for them in the long run.
    Originally posted by darren72

Further to my previous postings, I have just received a message from Raisin Customer Services (24/09/2018) which addresses my concern about Starling's apparent web-only access. Message from Raisin>>
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have a special partnership with Starling Bank which will allow you to have access to your account just like you currently have with the Raisin Account, so it can be accessed on all devices.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • HelpwithRyanair
    • By HelpwithRyanair 26th Sep 18, 3:39 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    HelpwithRyanair
    Has anyone else experienced a missing message from the Raisin platform? I sent them a message in August asking for the 50 payment and they promised it within four weeks. It's now been four weeks and when I try and check the message it's no longer there.

I set up my account on the 20th of July is the payment not overdue now?
    • Foofie16
    • By Foofie16 26th Sep 18, 3:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Foofie16
    No problems with Raisin. I got my bonus through in about a week . brilliant service, thank you moneysavirngexpert for the nod.
    • HelpwithRyanair
    • By HelpwithRyanair 1st Oct 18, 5:14 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    HelpwithRyanair
    They didn't pay last week as promised.
    • wizk1
    • By wizk1 15th Oct 18, 9:23 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    wizk1
    Just wondering if anybody has been moved over to Starling yet?
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 16th Oct 18, 9:38 AM
    • 3,654 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    Just wondering if anybody has been moved over to Starling yet?
    Originally posted by wizk1
    Messaged them yesterday and following reply received today.

Please keep an eye on your email inbox, we will soon send you an update about our new Raisin Starling account. Launching our new platform is taking a little more time than projected.
    • deutsch
    • By deutsch 16th Oct 18, 10:30 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    deutsch
    I'm yet to receive my 10 bonus after opting in. I've logged into the Raisin account and checked my online banking (just in case it was deposited like the 50 bonus).
    • darren72
    • By darren72 16th Oct 18, 10:37 PM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    darren72
    I'm yet to receive my 10 bonus after opting in. I've logged into the Raisin account and checked my online banking (just in case it was deposited like the 50 bonus).
    Originally posted by deutsch
    Same here. Has anyone received their 10 bonus yet? - How is it likely to be paid.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 17th Oct 18, 4:47 AM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 2,108 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Originally posted by deutsch
    Did you miss this post directly above yours?

The launch has been delayed. The bonus is dependent on the launch.....
    • VDOT47
    • By VDOT47 19th Oct 18, 4:51 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 576 Thanks
    VDOT47
    Received my 20 bonus this week - process was very simple. Emailed them in the prescribed form within 30 days of opening the savings account, got an acknowledgement email then a couple of weeks later (well within the 60 days quoted) I received another email telling me the bonus would be paid soon and then it arrived in my linked bank account as promised.
    Original Mortgage (Feb '17) 269,995
    Current Mortgage (05/11/18) 239,887
    End Date April 2040 Original End Date February 2042
    • Wearside
    • By Wearside 19th Oct 18, 5:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Wearside
    I have not received the 10 bonus either, nor has my wife. The account details remain the same as when I opened the account. Obviously Starling Bank have not yet flown in!
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 7th Nov 18, 2:28 PM
    • 3,654 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    Received following message from Raisin today.

''

Good morning,

We have experienced some unexpected delays however we are currently in the process of migrating all of our customers to the new platform and will notify you once completed. You have indeed successfully opted in and will receive your 10 bonus within 7 business days of your Raisin Starling Account becoming operational.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Kind regards,

Raisin UK Customer Services.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 10th Nov 18, 7:01 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    SeeMe
    I opened a account with raisin on 3rd sept so i don't qualify for a starling opt in bonus, and i am still on the raisin platform.
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 12th Nov 18, 10:19 AM
    • 228 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    Shedman
    Looks like things are finally starting to move on the Starling account front as had this email today:

"We're adding the finishing touches to a new look Raisin UK website and your new Raisin UK Account

Thank you for opting-in for a new Raisin UK Account powered by Starling Bank.

Our enhanced services will be ready soon, but between Monday 12th November and Monday 19th November our website will go through a brief pause period while we prepare your new Raisin UK Account.

During this period, you won't be able to apply for any savings products, and while you can still log in and view the savings products that you've already purchased, you won't be able to make any changes to your account. Once our pause period is over, we will send you a link to log into your new Raisin UK Account where you'll have the opportunity to set a new password."
    • pafpcg
    • By pafpcg 12th Nov 18, 10:54 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    pafpcg
    Rant to prove the thread title may be correct!
    Once our pause period is over, we will send you a link to log into your new Raisin UK Account where you'll have the opportunity to set a new password.
    Originally posted by Shedman
    Opportunity? Weasel words!

What they really mean is "you'll be forced to set a new password"!

Actually, it's inevitable if Raisin have done their job properly and currently store our passwords in hashed/encrypted form, the new Starling-based system won't be able to access the existing password, so it has to be reset. So, it's a good thing but why use management-speak?
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 12th Nov 18, 3:34 PM
    • 3,654 Posts
    • 1,923 Thanks
    MABLE
    Looks like things are finally starting to move on the Starling account front as had this email today:

"We're adding the finishing touches to a new look Raisin UK website and your new Raisin UK Account

Thank you for opting-in for a new Raisin UK Account powered by Starling Bank.

Our enhanced services will be ready soon, but between Monday 12th November and Monday 19th November our website will go through a brief pause period while we prepare your new Raisin UK Account.

During this period, you won't be able to apply for any savings products, and while you can still log in and view the savings products that you've already purchased, you won't be able to make any changes to your account. Once our pause period is over, we will send you a link to log into your new Raisin UK Account where you'll have the opportunity to set a new password."
    Originally posted by Shedman
    Getting all very exciting now. We and my significant half are looking forward to the 20 bonus in time for Christmas.
    • wizk1
    • By wizk1 13th Nov 18, 10:06 AM
    • 887 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    wizk1
    Opportunity? Weasel words!

What they really mean is "you'll be forced to set a new password"!

Actually, it's inevitable if Raisin have done their job properly and currently store our passwords in hashed/encrypted form, the new Starling-based system won't be able to access the existing password, so it has to be reset. So, it's a good thing but why use management-speak?
    Originally posted by pafpcg
    Perhaps it's in Meteor's best interests not to share information about their hashing algorithm, and instead just allow the recreation of a new hashed password and salt. But hey, let's not let a fear-mongering conspiracy theory get in the way of a plausible explanation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

335Posts Today

4,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. I'm on my way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week this week including hot BT fibre broadband deal, easyj? https://t.co/FWWMrk8dg8

• "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Follow Martin