Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • edinburgher
    • By edinburgher 5th Jul 18, 10:00 PM
    • 11,266Posts
    • 60,445Thanks
    edinburgher
    Replacement wire aerial for Roberts radio?
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:00 PM
    Replacement wire aerial for Roberts radio? 5th Jul 18 at 10:00 PM
    I have a Roberts Blutune 50, nice little machine for streaming and listening to the radio.

I managed to accidentally hoover off half of the wire aerial and am struggling to find a replacement (not listed as a spare part on their website).

Can anyone suggest a possible source for a replacement and advise whether or not it's a straightforward repair?
Page 1
    • googler
    • By googler 5th Jul 18, 11:46 PM
    • 14,885 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    googler
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:46 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:46 PM
    Solder a piece of wire onto the half that remains. Or use something else that will make a good connection.

Or, there's 9 screws on the back panel. Open it up and see how the remaining wire is connected inside. May be a better solution to remove it and affix a whole new piece.
    Last edited by googler; 05-07-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    • googler
    • By googler 6th Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    • 14,885 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    googler
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    I don't think the gauge (thickness) of the wire will matter, but if you want to be particular about it, maybe an e-mail to Roberts to make sure the new stuff matches ....
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Jul 18, 12:48 PM
    • 5,291 Posts
    • 5,193 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:48 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:48 PM
    How does that unit do any streaming? Does it have a WiFi card built in to it? (i.e. for Internet radio). Or are you talking about streaming TO it via Bluetooth from your phone or other similar device? (i.e. using it as a Bluetooth speaker).

Regarding the aerial, the posts above cover that.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,906Posts Today

9,464Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin