Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NorthernTreecutter
    • By NorthernTreecutter 5th Jul 18, 9:45 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    NorthernTreecutter
    ESA Appeal tribunal win
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:45 PM
    ESA Appeal tribunal win 5th Jul 18 at 9:45 PM
    Hi I had my ESA Appeal tribunal yesterday & won. My original claim started Dec 2016, I failed my WCA which I put a Madatory Reconsideration in & failed so appealed which I won & been put in support group.
    My contribution based ESA ran out In March & because my partner is working I don't qualify for income based.
    Question is what am I entitled to?. I was only getting basic payment,I'm 47
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 5th Jul 18, 9:53 PM
    • 2,535 Posts
    • 2,934 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:53 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:53 PM
    Now you are in the Support Group, your CB-ESA payments can resume at c.111 pw.
    It is only if you are in the WRAG that CB-ESA is limited to 365 days.

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/employment-and-support-allowance-contribution-based

I would anticipate the award would be backdated to the DWP decision date to end your claim (or if it was a new claim the start of the backdate will be 14 weeks after you made the ESA claim).

PS. Keep the Tribunal Decision Notice safe, and (if your health is unchanged) include a copy with your next renewal form together with confirmation from your GP / medical professional that your condition has not improved and this ESA descriptor still applies (assuming, of course, that it does).
    Last edited by Alice Holt; 05-07-2018 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Link added - OP read the final paragraph of this link.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
    • NorthernTreecutter
    • By NorthernTreecutter 5th Jul 18, 9:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NorthernTreecutter
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:59 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:59 PM
    So let's see if I get this right. My money will be back dated to the 14th week of my original claim & that my CB is protected because I've been put in support group?.
    • Nannytone
    • By Nannytone 6th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    Nannytone
    • 6th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    It will be backdated to when it would stopped.

As long as you are in the support group you will receive contributions based benefit indefinitely. If you are moved to the right then it is time limited to 365 days
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

94Posts Today

1,443Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin