Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tali
    • By tali 5th Jul 18, 9:09 PM
    • 692Posts
    • 74Thanks
    tali
    Universal Credit online
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:09 PM
    Universal Credit online 5th Jul 18 at 9:09 PM
    My son is on Ucredit and has been transferred to the new online account rather than attending job centre -(well..that's the theory anyway....)
    Maybe, i'm not looking anywhere properly but having just gone through this convoluted and at times brutal procedure , i can't find any info on MSE or other sites about this considering this is a major change
Page 1
    • huckster
    • By huckster 5th Jul 18, 9:28 PM
    • 3,279 Posts
    • 1,421 Thanks
    huckster
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:28 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:28 PM
    If your Son is not working enough, he would still have go to the Job Centre for Work Search Reviews and any other appointments required.

Online, just means communications are done online.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
    • tali
    • By tali 5th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    • 692 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    tali
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    ok, i was told Job centres were closing down (a staff member stated that to a friend of mine)-hence the online system.Thing with online(which wasn't explained to him) is it virtually a re-application.And then some.
    • huckster
    • By huckster 5th Jul 18, 9:47 PM
    • 3,279 Posts
    • 1,421 Thanks
    huckster
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:47 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:47 PM
    ok, i was told Job centres were closing down (a staff member stated that to a friend of mine)-hence the online system.Thing with online(which wasn't explained to him) is it virtually a re-application.And then some.
    Originally posted by tali
    Not quite correct. Yes some Job Centres are closing, but that just means longer travel time to appointments and they might not happen as often.

At some point in the future, if they fully automate Universal Credit, it might be a robot sanctioning your Son for not attending a Job Centre appointment. At the moment a human is looking at the information and holding discussions about job search progress.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

648Posts Today

7,432Users online

Martin's Twitter