Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PierremontQuaker03
    • By PierremontQuaker03 5th Jul 18, 8:55 PM
    • 141Posts
    • 21Thanks
    PierremontQuaker03
    Best 5 year Re-Mortgage deals
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:55 PM
    Best 5 year Re-Mortgage deals 5th Jul 18 at 8:55 PM
    Just decided after the likely rate rise and uncertainty over my job I am going to go for a 5 year deal, possibly may go with Santander who I bank with. I have used the moneysavingexpert mortgage comparison, is there any other comparison that I can use?
    I am looking to borrow 100k over 20 years - LTV 43%.
    I will give London & Country a call as well.
Page 1
    • Spangled
    • By Spangled 6th Jul 18, 12:49 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Spangled
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:49 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:49 PM
    You should also look at retention deals from your current lender (from your original post I don't think it's Santander?). Your current lender may have some good deals - and even if their rates are marginally higher than other lenders it could save you a lot of legwork as product switching is usually a way less painful experience compared to a remortgage to a new lender.

You have excellent LTV and low-ish mortgage required, so (all things being equal) you should have access to the best deals.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 6th Jul 18, 12:59 PM
    • 33,679 Posts
    • 18,265 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:59 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:59 PM
    after the likely rate rise
    Originally posted by PierremontQuaker03
    Five year money is already reflecting a rate rise in the next few months, judging by the number of product withdrawals mid to late June.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Jockeyjames
    • By Jockeyjames 6th Jul 18, 1:46 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jockeyjames
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:46 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:46 PM
    I agree with kingstreet, really starting to point towards a rate rise.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,233Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter