Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenm37
    • By stevenm37 5th Jul 18, 8:05 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 40Thanks
    stevenm37
    Credit file, IVA & GDPR SAR
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:05 PM
    Credit file, IVA & GDPR SAR 5th Jul 18 at 8:05 PM
    Hi all, I came out of an Iva three years ago and am nicely building my credit score back up. Problem is I have one creditor who wonít remove the now settled account from my credit file. Iíve spoken with them and they claim to have never received the certificate of satisfaction from my Iva practitioner. In addition they are saying they canít locate my account details! So Iíve been back to Iva arrangement co and theyíve emailed me a copy of certificate which Iíve forwarded to the company stuck on the credit file. I have two questions , firstly does anyone know if this is even up to me to do? Surely the certificate would have been sent too all parties upon Iva completion? And secondly I plan to do a subject access request on the company, does mse have templates for these? Apologies if these are in wrong area of forum! Thank in advance for any help. Steve
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Jul 18, 8:18 PM
    • 32,556 Posts
    • 20,486 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:18 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:18 PM
    Hi all, I came out of an Iva three years ago and am nicely building my credit score history back up. Problem is I have one creditor who won!!!8217;t remove the now settled account from my credit file. I!!!8217;ve spoken with them and they claim to have never received the certificate of satisfaction from my Iva practitioner. In addition they are saying they can!!!8217;t locate my account details! So I!!!8217;ve been back to Iva arrangement co and they!!!8217;ve emailed me a copy of certificate which I!!!8217;ve forwarded to the company stuck on the credit file. I have two questions , firstly does anyone know if this is even up to me to do? Surely the certificate would have been sent too all parties upon Iva completion? And secondly I plan to do a subject access request on the company, does mse have templates for these? Apologies if these are in wrong area of forum! Thank in advance for any help. Steve
    Originally posted by stevenm37

Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 05-07-2018 at 8:20 PM.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 5th Jul 18, 8:35 PM
    • 3,313 Posts
    • 4,238 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:35 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:35 PM
    The information on your credit file should be updated, although my understanding is it won't completely disappear, until the 6yr period expires.

More info here
    https://moneyaware.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-clean-up-your-credit-file-after-an-iva/

For the SAR, take a look at this link, it should give you some guidance although I didn't see a template.
    https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

636Posts Today

6,231Users online

Martin's Twitter