Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • whattochoose
    • By whattochoose 5th Jul 18, 6:35 PM
    • 375Posts
    • 95Thanks
    whattochoose
    Google Chrome warning.
    • 5th Jul 18, 6:35 PM
    Google Chrome warning. 5th Jul 18 at 6:35 PM
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5921861/Popular-browser-extension-secretly-recording-online.html
Page 1
    • John Gray
    • By John Gray 5th Jul 18, 7:00 PM
    • 5,260 Posts
    • 3,060 Thanks
    John Gray
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:00 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:00 PM
    Oh good grief! Please post links from a source with some degree of technical competence!

Such as The Register's Chrome, Firefox pull invasive browser extension
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 5th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 2,706 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    Is @whattochoose really 50Twuncle in disguise?
    • spaceboy
    • By spaceboy 5th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    spaceboy
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    Oh good grief! Please post links from a source with some degree of technical competence!

Originally posted by John Gray

Well it says: The finding was made by Robert Theaton, a software engineer from San Francisco, who discovered the software, dubbed Stylish, had been recording browser history since January 2017, when it was bought by new owners SimilarWeb.
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 5th Jul 18, 9:30 PM
    • 8,653 Posts
    • 6,534 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:30 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:30 PM
    Yeah and if you stop using stylish e.g. on this wonderful forum it becomes pants.Anyone know a better solution ? I started using it about 2 months ago when this site went unstylish using firefox and someone posted a link to stylish
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 5th Jul 18, 9:54 PM
    • 8,653 Posts
    • 6,534 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:54 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:54 PM
    Yeah and if you stop using stylish e.g. on this wonderful forum it becomes pants.Anyone know a better solution ? I started using it about 2 months ago when this site went unstylish using firefox and someone posted a link to stylish
    Originally posted by debitcardmayhem

Read the register link above and now I am trialling Stylus beta Why did they (MSE) mess with the layout?
    • fermi
    • By fermi 6th Jul 18, 7:13 AM
    • 39,539 Posts
    • 47,536 Thanks
    fermi
    • 6th Jul 18, 7:13 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 7:13 AM
    If you want to just add a few very specific styles without bothering with a new/replacement extension, you can add the style CSS to the userContent.css (for websites) and userChrome.css (for the Firefox UI) in the 'chrome' folder in your Firefox profile.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Jul 18, 8:44 AM
    • 4,703 Posts
    • 4,693 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 6th Jul 18, 8:44 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 8:44 AM
    Read the register link above and now I am trialling Stylus beta Why did they (MSE) mess with the layout?
    Just done the same and also trialling Stylus. Max Width theme (together with the other tweaks I've set in uBlock) and I have MSE the way I want it.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • whattochoose
    • By whattochoose 6th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    whattochoose
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 1:31 PM

Originally posted by John Gray
    Oh good grief! But then it would deprive pseud's like you the opportunity to be all superior and disapproving wouldn't it?
    • J B
    • By J B 6th Jul 18, 10:07 PM
    • 2,918 Posts
    • 1,052 Thanks
    J B

daillywail.co.uk

Originally posted by whattochoose

Would it be possible to put something like DM in the thread title, so we'd know not to bother opening it please?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,676Posts Today

4,899Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin