Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daveyboy257
    • By Daveyboy257 5th Jul 18, 5:21 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Daveyboy257
    Lowell Solicitors help !!
    • 5th Jul 18, 5:21 PM
    Lowell Solicitors help !! 5th Jul 18 at 5:21 PM
    Please could i have some advice on what todo
    Had a letter from lowell solicitors it was a reply form with boxes to tick i ticked box i - asking for more documents.

This is the reply from Lowell Solicitors

We confirm receipt of your pre-action protocol form issued to you on 28th April 2018
    The above account was a former shop direct account taken out on 31st August 2012 that was legally assigned to our client Lowell Portfolio ltd.
    the last payment was on 27th September 2012
    No interest has been added since the account was allocated to us
    We can confirm we have referred the matter regarding the outstanding balance to the original creditor and we have requested the relevant documentation from them we will send you there response upon receipt until then we will suspend activity on your account

Any help in what todo next would be helpful thank you
Page 1
  • National Debtline
    • 5th Jul 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 5:31 PM
    Hi Daveyboy257,

So, the reply form that you completed asking for more information was part of a "letter of claim". This is a requirement under the pre action protocol before they can start county court action. If you are still unsatisfied that this debt is yours, despite the details they have provided then you should wait and see what else they send you. If they send you more evidence and you believe the debt is yours, then you can either make a payment plan or potentially wait and see if this becomes statute barred.

If, however, you are dissatisfied with the next set of information, you can use the alternative dispute resolution and enter into further disputes, complaints etc. I suppose the key issue here is, do you recognise the debt and do you agree you owe it?

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,773Posts Today

7,862Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watch and all will be explained. It's about early prep not early celebration. To take the stress out of pre-chris? https://t.co/epBrfX8tli

• Just got on the train to Liverpool, as we're there for tonight's @itvMLshow live Christmas special (8pm ITV). Had? https://t.co/xLxH5N6GL2

• RT @CareQualityComm: While Martin's methodology is different to ours, and the rating terminology, it's interesting that the poll findings t?

• Follow Martin