Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Silvershine
    • By Silvershine 5th Jul 18, 3:32 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Silvershine
    Right to Manage
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:32 PM
    Right to Manage 5th Jul 18 at 3:32 PM
    I am a Leaseholder of a property. We have RTM (for many years). Over the years Directors, Secretary etc have either left, stood down (ill health etc) leaving one Director in place - all the positions are unpaid and on a volutary basis. I have been asked to sit on the board and do not have any objection to this. However the current director has recently told me (after trying to clarify this position a number of times) that whilst he is a director (carrying out voluntary duties) he is also an employee of the management company as he let the previous cleaning contractors go (he states due to bad quality of cleaning services) and he took over the role as cleaner himself and is paid by he management company.
    This has raised a number of issues with me. Is he an employee (of the management company)? if he is - is the Management Company breaking employment law - he has no contract of employment), no transparency on his paid rate so don't know if he is being paid minimum rate, no payroll (does the management company have to inform HMRC?). The list is endless and I don't want to walk into this unless I know what I will be responsible for
Page 1
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 5th Jul 18, 3:51 PM
    • 828 Posts
    • 1,305 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:51 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:51 PM
    The same issue from the other side...
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5858218
    • Silvershine
    • By Silvershine 5th Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Silvershine
    • 5th Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    Yes I can see from the other post the other point of view (which I really don't have a problem with). However the issue for me is that the person is not being contracted as a contractor, sole trader etc but rather being paid directly by the Management Company (almost cash in hand - or rather cheque in hand) and I don't know if the "work" and payment for labour means they are an employee
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,787Posts Today

8,722Users online

Martin's Twitter