Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Thomas Bowdler
    • By Thomas Bowdler 5th Jul 18, 1:01 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Thomas Bowdler
    Pilot training loans
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:01 PM
    Pilot training loans 5th Jul 18 at 1:01 PM
    Is anybody aware of a company or bank that will offer loans over 10 years, for pilots or just in general, of 55,000, secured with a property obviously (of which is worth 135,000), and that comes with holiday period of 18 months or upward. I'm aware these a very niche and rare. BBVA used to provide this service, targeted at future pilots, but it was withdrawn last year.
    Our aim is to take out a secured loan over 10 years, against the property, of 55,000,and have the holiday period so that upon completion of the training, you can pay back, at an increased rate because of the holiday, a set amount each month. Alternatively, are there any companies or banks that will allow you to pay reduced amounts back in the 18 months and then upon completion of training increase your payments. And finally, does anybody know of any companies or banks that offer loans and schemes targeted directly at pilots or pilot training.
    Thank alot,
    ~Thomas.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 32,544 Posts
    • 20,478 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    Is anybody aware of a company or bank that will offer loans over 10 years, for pilots or just in general, of 55,000, secured with a property obviously (of which is worth 135,000), and that comes with holiday period of 18 months or upward. I'm aware these a very niche and rare. BBVA used to provide this service, targeted at future pilots, but it was withdrawn last year.
    Our aim is to take out a secured loan over 10 years, against the property, of 55,000,and have the holiday period so that upon completion of the training, you can pay back, at an increased rate because of the holiday, a set amount each month. Alternatively, are there any companies or banks that will allow you to pay reduced amounts back in the 18 months and then upon completion of training increase your payments. And finally, does anybody know of any companies or banks that offer loans and schemes targeted directly at pilots or pilot training.
    Thank alot,
    ~Thomas.
    Originally posted by Thomas Bowdler
    There was a thread from earlier this year about pilot training, have a look for it, maybe a solution was posted.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 5th Jul 18, 1:16 PM
    • 15,247 Posts
    • 14,347 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:16 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:16 PM
    Thomas, Google is your freind here.

Your enquiry is very niche, no one will know off the top of their heads.

you could also try the search facility on the forum, as it has been posted about before.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 5th Jul 18, 4:14 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 2,156 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 5th Jul 18, 4:14 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 4:14 PM
    My local uni runs a pilot training course. You attend uni to learn the theory and fly at a local airfield. Might that be cheaper? Or apply to airlines as a trainee? I'm guessing this is commercial not just for leisure?
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 5th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    • 1,750 Posts
    • 7,128 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    • 5th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 4:52 PM
    https://careersuk.virgin-atlantic.com/future-flyers-pilot-training-programme

https://www.l3airlineacademy.com/become-a-pilot/finance

more like 70k
    Jan 18 grocery challenge 105.13/ 150
    • Thomas Bowdler
    • By Thomas Bowdler 5th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Thomas Bowdler
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    The modular course I am interested in is 61,250, however we only need to borrow 55,000. L3 is a major integrated ATPL provider, which tend to be more expensive than the smaller schools providing modular routes.
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 5th Jul 18, 9:23 PM
    • 1,367 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    tacpot12
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:23 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:23 PM
    Have you asked on PPrune? This should be a good source of information about finance for the ATPL.
    • Thomas Bowdler
    • By Thomas Bowdler 6th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Thomas Bowdler
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    Yeah, I've posted into a forum there as well
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

354Posts Today

4,625Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin