Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Katy C
    • By Katy C 5th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Katy C
    PPI claim with no paperwork and overseas
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    PPI claim with no paperwork and overseas 5th Jul 18 at 12:14 PM
    After watching this morning with the money saving guy I thought it might be worth looking into if my husband is entitled to PPI rebait.
    He had a few accounts and credit cards but when he divorced he moved to Spain left all accounts behind.
    He had a mortgage (that he transferred to ex) and had had a loan or two so I would imagine he would have been mis sold PPI at some point, however we are going back 15+ years and also have none of the paperwork or account no.s and unlikely that the ex will help even if she has them somewhere as he already lost out on pension lump sum because she 'couldn't find' his policy numbers
    Is it worth doing the SAR letter to all the organisations or maybe request info by email first and if they say they have no records is it worth pursuing further? Looked into the claims companies but decided against as it seems they can only do the same as you anyway, just a bit stuck on what to do....... Any advice much appreciated
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 17,636 Posts
    • 18,779 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    You could do SARs if you genuinely think you might have a mis sale case. You can request by email or post.

However, I' m not sure why you think it's like he would have been mis sold it. Most people weren't.

If they were joint accounts, half of any redress will go to his ex.
    • Katy C
    • By Katy C 5th Jul 18, 12:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Katy C
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:31 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:31 PM
    Thanks, Well maybe not likely but there's a certainly possible........at any rate worth looking into. Should we find he is due any and it comes from any joint account then happy to give her her share, as that's what normal people do....
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 5th Jul 18, 3:30 PM
    • 4,893 Posts
    • 2,968 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:30 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:30 PM
    Thanks, Well maybe not likely but there's a certainly possible........at any rate worth looking into. Should we find he is due any and it comes from any joint account then happy to give her her share, as that's what normal people do....
    Originally posted by Katy C
    Glad to see some amicable common sense these days. Any joint accounts need joint signatures for these

There are the odd cases where a vengeful ex puts in a complaint and forges a signature to complain and steals the money sadly.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Jul 18, 11:22 PM
    • 20,590 Posts
    • 11,450 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:22 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:22 PM
    . Should we find he is due any
    Originally posted by Katy C
    He will not be automatically "due" anything, I'm afraid.

If he had PPI (which you don't know), he'll then have to show the insurance was somehow mis-sold to him (and his ex, as you say)

Note that it is not somehow wrong simply to have insurance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,816Posts Today

8,445Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @justindeaville: @MartinSLewis I looked it up when we last went. It's ball speed. And it's about O.3 seconds to cross the court. @Martin?

• Amazing how empty the #Wimbledon court is for the mixed doubles even though there's a Brit playing. The bars outside are rammed though

• RT @BimpeIN: @MartinSLewis According to Quora its "the speed of the ball as getting out of the racket. As soon as the ball starts to fly it?

• Follow Martin