Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • arkhan42
    • By arkhan42 5th Jul 18, 8:34 AM
    • 33Posts
    • 8Thanks
    arkhan42
    Advice on house viewing
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:34 AM
    Advice on house viewing 5th Jul 18 at 8:34 AM
    Hi

I am after some tips and advice if anyone has any. I have my house up for sale and have my first viewers coming round tonight any tips/advice on how best to show people round?
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 5th Jul 18, 8:51 AM
    • 33,064 Posts
    • 19,935 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:51 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:51 AM
    Let the EA do it that's what you pay them for.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 5th Jul 18, 10:03 AM
    • 10,885 Posts
    • 14,340 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:03 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:03 AM
    This thread will help. There are others if you want to search for similar words. Lots of good advice already on here

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5827951&highlight=tips+viewers
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
    • arkhan42
    • By arkhan42 5th Jul 18, 11:01 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    arkhan42
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:01 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:01 AM
    That's great thanks, some good tips on there.
    • RedfordML
    • By RedfordML 5th Jul 18, 2:50 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    RedfordML
    • 5th Jul 18, 2:50 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 2:50 PM
    EA can do it, but to them its another property. To you, you know the key selling features as that's what made you buy it. Focus only on positives, anything that needs doing suggests "its ideal for a new buyer to put their own stamp on things"
    • googler
    • By googler 5th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 14,826 Posts
    • 9,729 Thanks
    googler
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    Make a cheat sheet or script with the positive features you want to tell the viewers about. Decide on an intended order of rooms to show them. Start and finish in the best room.

Do not offer any negative or doubtful comment about your property, the area around it, the neighbours, or anything else. If it's not a positive, don't say it.

Say something ABOUT each room as you enter or approach it, and avoid "This is the bedroom. This is the dining room". This is where the script will help

Have you done your staging? Cleaned everything within an inch of its life, set the place to look like a show home, etc etc?

As was said, discussed many times here before, so get searching....
    • letitbe90
    • By letitbe90 5th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    letitbe90
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    Personally when viewing the house, I prefer not to have to interact with the current owners - there is that feeling of being intrusive and you end up rushing things. Open days usually worked best. With regards to cheat sheets etc, I'd rather forward them to the estate agent and then be out of the viewers hair (go to a cafe nearby or otherwise) and let them have a full on viewing.
    • Lunabug
    • By Lunabug 5th Jul 18, 3:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lunabug
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:15 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:15 PM
    Just relax. Show them around and answering questions as you go, point out what you have done etc. Then allow them to wander themselves. I found that way worked best. I was so nervous the first time I showed people around.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

534Posts Today

5,713Users online

Martin's Twitter