Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 5th Jul 18, 12:18 AM
    • 671Posts
    • 5,047Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Indigowarrior's journey to financial peace
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:18 AM
    Indigowarrior's journey to financial peace 5th Jul 18 at 12:18 AM
    I have chosen a new diary as I am in a new part of my life. I currently owe £10K to different creditors and I want to start dealing with them one step at time. I also need to start saving for when I leave supported accommodation.

I dont work at the moment due to physical health problems and serious mental health problems. It makes budgetting and life very difficult.

My debts as current are:
    Tesco-£120
    Nat West £103.00
    BPO 123.49 (Payment Plan of £20 per month)
    Tesco Mobile £176.71
    Tesco Mobile £211.94
    Three £224.88
    Council Tax £450 (Payment Plan of £50 per month)
    Vodafone £244.95
    Tesco Mobile £282.50
    Vanquis £300.00
    EE £318.00
    Orange £402.37
    O2 £404.00
    Talk Talk £448.00
    Virgin £510.00
    02 £646.25
    Simply Be £850
    TalkTalk £837.95
    BT £1100 (Payment plan of £25)
    Lloyds £1780
    Total; £9358

However before I begin attacking the debt and getting the EF together I need to start just paying the minimums and saving for four walls.
    I am hoping to stay at supported accommodation until November the earliest. Which will give me 5 months to get sorted. Thankfully my living costs are very low.

Living Costs
    Rent: £100
    Food: £150
    Transport: £20
    Eating Out: £20
    Tesco Mobile: £30
    Entertainment: £10
    Cashplus: £5.95
    Total: £317

It leaves me quite a bit a money each month really
    Hopefully I can stay well and start doing this. I just need to believe it.
    Last edited by indigowarrior; 06-07-2018 at 2:39 PM.
    #545- SPC September No Spend 4/15
Page 2
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 6th Jul 18, 2:35 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    All my debts but 4 are on hold until September. I have today set up a plan with 2 others for£20 and £25 a month. So I need to talk to Simply Be but, they cant do anything until I can pay something which wont be until the 26th.

I have been given special permission to have internet installed in my room which is good (Gaming helps me stay relaxed and well) and also been told I can stay here until my therapy has finished which wont be until Jan 2019. Which allows me some breathing space until then to get some debts cleared. I do want to have some savings though just in case things change.

My mood is a bit low today as received a letter that my girls will be adopted this month. The letter was so insensitive and blunt it could have been reworded a lot better.

I am going to sit down later and have look at everydollar and try to work a sensible budget out.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 6th Jul 18, 4:08 PM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 16,426 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I really am so sorry. I know this has been so very difficult for you. Don't know what else to say really except that I'm thinking about you.
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 6th Jul 18, 5:25 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    Another tough day for you . Well done for pushing to get the Internet access you need and I'm pleased you have some stability for the rest of the year.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 6th Jul 18, 6:17 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Thank you ladies.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 7th Jul 18, 9:26 AM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Morning Everyone!
    Well there is 13 days left until my budget resets and I have decided on a final budget. This is until I move and then I can work out all bills.

I have decided to allocate £200 to savings and £310 to debt payments for this month. I am going to focus on clearing simplybe. In August I should be able to spare more. However, a few of my bills are pretty high this month.

I have £65 to last 13 days. I am hoping this weekend will be an NSD anyway.
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 7th Jul 18, 9:54 AM
    • 277 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    Looks like you're up to £5 a day already! Another couple of NSDs and that will creep up again.

How much spending money does your new budget leave you? (You don't need to post the figure here). Does it give you a bit of breathing room?
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 7th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Looks like you're up to £5 a day already! Another couple of NSDs and that will creep up again.

How much spending money does your new budget leave you? (You don't need to post the figure here). Does it give you a bit of breathing room?
    Originally posted by GlendaSugarbean
    Its quite a healthy figure if I am being honest. once I include my subs for Spotify and WOW and meeting my friend for coffee once a week. You just reminded me there is a book I need to buy.
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 7th Jul 18, 12:00 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    Spotify is an essential service for us! We all use it a lot, even the kids are on the family account.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 7th Jul 18, 1:47 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Spotify is an essential service for us! We all use it a lot, even the kids are on the family account.
    The adverts are persistant and annoying which I guess is there intention.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 7th Jul 18, 2:23 PM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 16,426 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    How are you today, Indigo. You sound a bit more positive.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 7th Jul 18, 4:22 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    How are you today, Indigo. You sound a bit more positive.
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    I am okay. Eaten too much but mainly due to boredom. Today end up being a spend day admittedly.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 7th Jul 18, 4:26 PM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 16,426 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    It takes a bit to get sorted out both financially and mentally. It doesn't happen overnight. Small steps and take all the advice and help you get get.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 8th Jul 18, 3:59 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Another spend day. However, it was nice to get out of the house. So that leaves me about £53 for 12 days. Totally manageable.
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 9th Jul 18, 6:37 AM
    • 277 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    Hope this week is a good one for you
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 9th Jul 18, 7:54 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Hope this week is a good one for you
    Thank you. Picked up my prescription today and can resume taking my medication. I am praying hard that this will start to work properly. Decided to switch to online banking as tired of spending and not remembering. (long story)

Today was another spend day though.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 10th Jul 18, 4:17 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Today was an NSD. I also put £34 into savings Which leaves me £20 for 9 days. Totally doable.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 12th Jul 18, 7:26 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Nothing much to report. Yesterday was an NSD and today wasnt. Am forming a plan for next month.

Pay £400 to simply be which will get me out of the cycle of charges being added. Bit scary paying that much but needs doing.
    £75 to savings. Not as much as I would like but a chance to catch up next month.
    Try and cut down on my food spending bit by bit.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 13th Jul 18, 9:30 AM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 16,426 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Pay £400 to simply be which will get me out of the cycle of charges being added. Bit scary paying that much but needs doing
    That sounds like a good plan if you can afford it. The sooner you get rid of that one the better and it will free up some money for something else.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 13th Jul 18, 5:23 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    That sounds like a good plan if you can afford it. The sooner you get rid of that one the better and it will free up some money for something else.
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    Well I have had a massive spanner thrown into the works that I didnt expect.

I GOT A FLAT!!!!

I have been offered a 1 bed flat in an area close to me. So now I need to save, save and save. As I will need to pay 4 weeks rent in advance.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 13th Jul 18, 5:59 PM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 16,426 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Oh but isn't that wonderful news! A place of your own! I am sure you can do this. xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,085Posts Today

8,900Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How do you rate your energy provider's recent service? Please vote in the latest MSE site poll? https://t.co/nkYxGbiXqe

• RT @Gillsnatter: "The phrase I hate is: it's only money. Money is one of the biggest causes of divorce it's one of the biggest causes of me?

• RT @TrevorNeal: Thanks Martin! It didn?t go unnoticed. Good to meet you too. We?re more likely to Swing Our Pensions these days..! #MartinL?

• Follow Martin