Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 4th Jul 18, 10:53 PM
    • 231Posts
    • 30Thanks
    beckysheffield
    Proof of address - bank statement
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:53 PM
    Proof of address - bank statement 4th Jul 18 at 10:53 PM
    I have to give a job Iím interviewing at my bank statement for proof of address. I donít have a drivers and can only use what I have...

Can I blank out my balance? How it is their business what money I have

Also can I do the same for my utility bill - account number.

Surely this breaches the current data protection stuff?
Page 2
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 5th Jul 18, 12:24 PM
    • 20,975 Posts
    • 16,749 Thanks
    agrinnall

Seriously looking at all your other threads I dont see the point of you posting. You don't take anyones advice, you just get 'sassy' with them when they dont agree with you.
    Originally posted by marliepanda

This is exactly why she went on my Ignore list some months ago. Nothing I've seen with her recent spate of posting has made me reconsider my decision.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 5th Jul 18, 12:25 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 14,113 Thanks
    marliepanda
    This is exactly why she went on my Ignore list some months ago. Nothing I've seen with her recent spate of posting has made me reconsider my decision.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Story changes from one minute to the next...

She was talking about buying/test driving a car not long back but now apparently has no drivers licence...
    Last edited by marliepanda; 05-07-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 5th Jul 18, 12:46 PM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    Is this not one of these situations where you turn up with the documents and they do not ask for them!! LOL

OP I even took my bank statement, passport and drivers license to get a pass made up when I had the portacabin interview in nhs. You want the job, you have to attempt to provide what they are asking.
    Last edited by keepcalmandstayoutofdebt; 05-07-2018 at 12:46 PM. Reason: .
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Jul 18, 1:47 PM
    • 3,908 Posts
    • 7,150 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Either you want the job or you don't. If you do, I suggest you take others' advice and comply with a perfectly reasonable request. Presumably it is not through an agency as I would expect them already to have done all the ID checks required before putting forward any candidate.

Employers have to abide by the law which requires them to ascertain to a reasonable extent that they do not hire people who have no right to work in the UK. They also have to safeguard sensitive information such as proof of ID.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 5th Jul 18, 2:34 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    Either you want the job or you don't. If you do, I suggest you take others' advice and comply with a perfectly reasonable request. Presumably it is not through an agency as I would expect them already to have done all the ID checks required before putting forward any candidate.

Employers have to abide by the law which requires them to ascertain to a reasonable extent that they do not hire people who have no right to work in the UK. They also have to safeguard sensitive information such as proof of ID.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    I have a British passport, that is literally all they need.
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 5th Jul 18, 2:37 PM
    • 5,280 Posts
    • 9,097 Thanks
    sangie595
    Originally posted by beckysheffield
    You are missing the point. It's not up to you to decide what they need or why they need it. Provide it or don't. If you don't, cancel the interview, as you are wasting your time and theirs.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Jul 18, 2:48 PM
    • 3,908 Posts
    • 7,150 Thanks
    Smodlet
    And they need proof they have seen it, such as a photo of it. How did you get your current job without allowing them to take proof of identity? Oh wait, I don't care.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 5th Jul 18, 2:52 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 14,113 Thanks
    marliepanda
    Use your driving licence.

You have one, you literally were test driving/buying cars. You can't do that without one.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 5th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 14,113 Thanks
    marliepanda
    And they need proof they have seen it, such as a photo of it. How did you get your current job without allowing them to take proof of identity? Oh wait, I don't care.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    25 days ago they were self employed, so I imagine she didnt care about getting proof of her own identity.

Ors its all... Hmm there is no cloud or cuckoo emoji
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 5th Jul 18, 3:01 PM
    • 3,908 Posts
    • 7,150 Thanks
    Smodlet
    25 days ago they were self employed, so I imagine she didnt care about getting proof of her own identity.

Ors its all... Hmm there is no cloud or cuckoo emoji
    I'm still waiting for the tongue-in-cheek one.
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 5th Jul 18, 3:17 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    Use your driving licence.

You have one, you literally were test driving/buying cars. You can't do that without one.
    Foreign driving license and Iíve requested one from the DVLA. Will arrive soon. Intern.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 5th Jul 18, 3:29 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 14,113 Thanks
    marliepanda
    Foreign driving license and Iíve requested one from the DVLA. Will arrive soon. Intern.
    Soooo its only your own fault that you don't have a drivers licence with your UK address on...

Good luck with your mortgage/car/self employment/present job/job interviews/credit card/mobile phone/credit history. I'm sure once all those ducks are in a row you'll be grand.
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 5th Jul 18, 3:31 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    You are missing the point. It's not up to you to decide what they need or why they need it. Provide it or don't. If you don't, cancel the interview, as you are wasting your time and theirs.
    Originally posted by sangie595
    But thatís not what I asked.... so stop being judge
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 5th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 14,113 Thanks
    marliepanda
    But that!!!8217;s not what I asked.... so stop being judge
    You 'asked' if someone asking for proof of ID and address was against GDPR. That was answered a long time ago, no it is not.

How many jobs do you have?

You have the one where you are going to complain to them about holiday pay which you have/havent started depending on which post it is.

Youve got the one mentioned here that you used to work for a long time ago and theyve taken you back on.

Youre also self employed as of very recently, AND youre still managing to apply for more jobs with agencies.

And on the 17th June you said you have no job!

Are you an author...
    • bap98189
    • By bap98189 5th Jul 18, 4:04 PM
    • 2,933 Posts
    • 5,144 Thanks
    bap98189
    Common sense? They take these original documents from me. Perhaps I would like to keep my bank balance private from my coworkers.
    Then send them a different type of document. Gas bill, electricity bill, council tax statement, water bill. Those all have your name and address on.
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 5th Jul 18, 4:12 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    Then send them a different type of document. Gas bill, electricity bill, council tax statement, water bill. Those all have your name and address on.
    Originally posted by bap98189
    I donít, thatís the problem. I have bills included in my rent and no tenancy as itís with the landlord. Phone bills arenít accepted.
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 5th Jul 18, 4:13 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    You 'asked' if someone asking for proof of ID and address was against GDPR. That was answered a long time ago, no it is not.

How many jobs do you have?

You have the one where you are going to complain to them about holiday pay which you have/havent started depending on which post it is.

Youve got the one mentioned here that you used to work for a long time ago and theyve taken you back on.

Youre also self employed as of very recently, AND youre still managing to apply for more jobs with agencies.

And on the 17th June you said you have no job!

Are you an author...
    Iím temping and applying for other jobs.

Current job is through a temp agent for a company I was directly employed by. So they didnít Ďtake me backí itís a seasonal position.

Iím self employed, whatís the issue?
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 5th Jul 18, 4:16 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    Soooo its only your own fault that you don't have a drivers licence with your UK address on...

Good luck with your mortgage/car/self employment/present job/job interviews/credit card/mobile phone/credit history. I'm sure once all those ducks are in a row you'll be grand.
    ďMy own faultĒ, as in I did something I shouldnít, no thatís not how it works.

Jeez why do people come on this forum and go and try to blame people for things that didnít happen.

There was a good reason I didbt get a U.K. license until now, and thatís due to cheaper car insurance quotes.

Now, do you actually have any knowledge or just being a busy body?

Yes I hope I will be able to get all the above, itís hard when you move back to a country....
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 5th Jul 18, 4:17 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    Originally posted by sangie595
    YOU are missing the point. I asked if I could blank out my balance and asked if I could blank out account details.

You are another person who canít provide anything other than opinions, which everyone has.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 5th Jul 18, 4:18 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 14,113 Thanks
    marliepanda
    ďMy own faultĒ, as in I did something I shouldnít, no thatís not how it works.

Jeez why do people come on this forum and go and try to blame people for things that didnít happen.

There was a good reason I didbt get a U.K. license until now, and thatís due to cheaper car insurance quotes.

Now, do you actually have any knowledge or just being a busy body?

Yes I hope I will be able to get all the above, itís hard when you move back to a country....
    You've got an answer for everything and none of them make sense
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,340Posts Today

7,143Users online

Martin's Twitter