Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nemo11
    • By nemo11 4th Jul 18, 10:37 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nemo11
    Garden quote
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:37 PM
    Garden quote 4th Jul 18 at 10:37 PM
    Hi

Would like some advice.

I recently asked a local gardener to give me a quote for my garden work. He came to see the garden once, looked at what needed to be done and went away. No indication of price/quote. Just discussed what I wanted done. I emailed him again asking him for a quote and possible start date.

He was going on holiday and said will come and see me when he comes back. He offered to come back again, don't know why as he already saw the garden. He gave me a rough estimate cost. We decided on a start date, 3weeks.

But I emailed him a day later to cancel, as I preferred someone else. Now he is charging me for his time. On his website it says " free obligation visit to estimate work and advise". He never said there is a charge for his time, verbally or written, nor does his website say anything like this.

I never got a written quotation from him in the end. We did not decide on a start date. He gave me a date but I did not agree, just cancelled him. He said I am in breach of contract? Do I send him a letter of cancellation?

He said he will send me a bill of 150. Is he in the right??
    Last edited by nemo11; 04-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Page 1
    • TheCyclingProgrammer
    • By TheCyclingProgrammer 5th Jul 18, 12:40 AM
    • 3,284 Posts
    • 1,924 Thanks
    TheCyclingProgrammer
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:40 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 12:40 AM
    No written terms, no cancellation policy, no contract. The guy is an amateur, tell him to get lost.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

2,550Users online

Martin's Twitter