Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr Notmyname
    • By Mr Notmyname 4th Jul 18, 9:12 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mr Notmyname
    ERROR 404: Not Found from appeals page address from PCN/NTK T&Cs
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:12 PM
    ERROR 404: Not Found from appeals page address from PCN/NTK T&Cs 4th Jul 18 at 9:12 PM
    Hi all, hope this isn't an FAQ and I apologise in advance for starting an unnecessary thread if it is and I've missed it.

I've got an ANPR postal PCN, which per the FAQ thread I conclude can be interpreted as an NTK and I should just reply via the issuer's on-line appeal form with the standard first response, without needing to wait as I would if it were a windscreen one. The issuer is listed as approved at the BPA.

I've noted though that the address they give on the back of the the PCN ( I have a link to a scan of the T&C text but I can't post it as I am a new user ) which first redirects to a longer version of their site address but then reports:

"Sorry, we couldn't find what you were looking for.
    Try going back to the homepage or search the website:"

A link just a little further lower down their 404 page in the site map labelled "Appeal / Pay my PCN" asks for no info but redirects me straight to a page with details of someone else's alleged transgression in Durham in 2017 and some greyed out photo frames. Basically their site looks like it is a bit goosed.

I'm sure given arguably minimal effort I could track down some means to appeal on-line and post the first notice per process but my question really relates to whether it's possible or at all useful just reporting this straight to POPLA right now instead (or in addition) on the grounds this must surely be a breach of some sort of duty to be contactable? I've noted POPLA's statements that you must appeal to the issuer first, but does this apply when the issuer cannot be easily contacted via the means they've provided you?

I've taken screenshots of it all in any event, but can't post links to them or the broken pages as I am a new user. Thanks in advance for reading though, and for any advice!
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jul 18, 9:17 PM
    • 9,271 Posts
    • 9,505 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:17 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:17 PM
    You certainly cannot appeal directly to PoPLA without having appealed to the PPC first.

PoPLA simply will not entertain you without a verification code from the PPC.

Who is the PPC?

You can however complain to the BPA.
    Their complaints email address is in post #5 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 4th Jul 18, 10:28 PM
    • 4,233 Posts
    • 5,554 Thanks
    waamo
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:28 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:28 PM
    Take a screenshot of the page that cannot be found then send that to the BPA saying you have attempted to appeal online and that is the result.

They usually answer very quickly.
    This space for hire.
    • Mr Notmyname
    • By Mr Notmyname 5th Jul 18, 9:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mr Notmyname
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:39 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:39 PM
    Thanks KeithP and Waamo! Screenshots and e-mail done to the BPA, and for good luck cc'ed to the DVLA telling them I wanted to complain about both the PPS and BPA (thanks for the pointer to post #5).

The PPC is Northern Parking Services. Google that and add /viewmypcn (which is the appeal link) to see the 404. Contrast that with /paymypcn (which is the cough up link) to learn all you probably need to about motives and moral compass.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jul 18, 9:47 PM
    • 61,622 Posts
    • 74,527 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:47 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 9:47 PM
    This lot?

https://nps.zatappeal.com/
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,988Posts Today

7,532Users online

Martin's Twitter