Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jgallcash
    • By jgallcash 4th Jul 18, 7:12 PM
    • 609Posts
    • 80Thanks
    jgallcash
    New boiler at 24 hours notice
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:12 PM
    New boiler at 24 hours notice 4th Jul 18 at 7:12 PM
    Hi guys, I've received the following quote for my flat rental as the boiler as gone kaput today. Ive been expecting the job to come up for the last couple of months with the old one being unreliable.

My letting agent recommended an engineer for a new boiler and Due to other stresses I'm inclined to accept the following quote to get the job done in 24 hours. Can you tell me what you think?

Property is in North London so with bearing in mind In terms of the cost.

All works to be carried out in less than 24 hours notice
    • Remove old ideal boiler
    • Drill a new hole in wall so no more issues with having boiler flue in a void space
    • Supply new Valliant Ecotec 8xx (can’t remember exact xx numbers) 24kw combi boiler
    • Upgrade boiler guarantee to 7 or 10 years depending if the right service pack can be purchased at short notice
    • Power flush 5 rads
    • Fit new magna clean and filter
    • Provide annual gas safety certificate

£2700
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 4th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 6,039 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:30 PM
    Just a small but important point, you also need a Buildings Regulation Compliance Certificate lodged with your local Council. Your installer should provide Gas Safe with the relevant installation details. Gas Safe will raise the Certificate and inform your Council. A gas safety certificate is not the same thing: this is a requirement placed on Landlords.

A more important point is that your new Combi must comply with the latest Boiler Plus 2018 Regulations which requires some additional components such as a smart thermostat or passive gas heat recovery system.

https://www.boilerguide.co.uk/boiler-plus-legislation-2018
    • jgallcash
    • By jgallcash 4th Jul 18, 9:56 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    jgallcash
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:56 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:56 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. There's a hive smart thermostat already fitted and I'll mention the compliance certificate too
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 4th Jul 18, 10:05 PM
    • 1,180 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    tacpot12
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:05 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:05 PM
    That is a reasonable price. I paid the same for a Vaillant Ecotec plus 832 with 7 years warranty. It's a bigger boiler and, to my mind, a slightly better quality, but I didn't need it at 24hrs notice, and I'm in the Midlands. I think you should go for it.
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 4th Jul 18, 11:12 PM
    • 25,296 Posts
    • 68,950 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 4th Jul 18, 11:12 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 11:12 PM
    It does sound reasonable.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,091Posts Today

6,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin