Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smurphington
    • By Smurphington 4th Jul 18, 6:55 PM
    • 54Posts
    • 209Thanks
    Smurphington
    Is it cheaper to make your own curry paste
    • 4th Jul 18, 6:55 PM
    Is it cheaper to make your own curry paste 4th Jul 18 at 6:55 PM
    As above I usually buy things like thai green/ red paste and tikka then do the rest of it from scratch but wondering if it would be more affordable to make my own or do you need a lot of fresh ingredients. Tips and recipes welcome
Page 1
    • splishsplash
    • By splishsplash 4th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 2,820 Posts
    • 8,031 Thanks
    splishsplash
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    I make Thai red curry sauce using this recipe. I freeze it in about six portions so there's always some in the freezer.
    I use lemongrass puree courtesy of Tesco and omit the shrimp paste.
    I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.
    • gremlin
    • By gremlin 4th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 1,128 Posts
    • 1,513 Thanks
    gremlin
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    there was a post a long time ago in Old Style by Curry Queen thats still there

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=100759&highlight=curry+queen

It lists how to make your own basic sauce and adapt it for all different Indian curries.

Have a look theres some good ideas
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye" - Miss Piggy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

235Posts Today

2,679Users online

Martin's Twitter