Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ozzy2018
    • By ozzy2018 4th Jul 18, 2:53 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ozzy2018
    Debt collection letters for private parking tickets
    • 4th Jul 18, 2:53 PM
    Debt collection letters for private parking tickets 4th Jul 18 at 2:53 PM
    Hi,
    I need help getting rid of two debt collection agencies hired by UKPC for two parking tickets.
    I have tired to follow the Newbies thread in the forum however im now stuck.
    I sent them the initial appeal and they returned with the POPLA reference nunmber, i couldn't really work what to do next and now they sent debt agencies.
    Obviously, the agencies are demanding 160, which is incredibly ridiculous. I hate debt collection people and dont want failed bouncers at my door looking very self righteous asking me for cash.
    Can someone tell me what to do please. The wife is worried the thugs will come round.
    Many thanks
    Ozzy
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Jul 18, 2:58 PM
    • 9,677 Posts
    • 12,737 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 4th Jul 18, 2:58 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 2:58 PM
    Hi,
    I need help getting rid of two debt collection agencies hired by UKPC for two parking tickets.
    I have tired to follow the Newbies thread in the forum however im now stuck.
    I sent them the initial appeal and they returned with the POPLA reference nunmber, i couldn't really work what to do next and now they sent debt agencies.
    Obviously, the agencies are demanding 160, which is incredibly ridiculous. I hate debt collection people and dont want failed bouncers at my door looking very self righteous asking me for cash.
    Can someone tell me what to do please. The wife is worried the thugs will come round.
    Many thanks
    Ozzy
    Originally posted by ozzy2018
    So you did not appeal to POPLA then ??

NO THUGS WILL COME ROUND, you just ignore all
    silly debt collectors .... read this

Debt Collectors (DRP & ZZPS) What they don't want you to know
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5859454&highlight=ccj+the+myth
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 18, 3:25 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,470 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jul 18, 3:25 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 3:25 PM
    I hate debt collection people and dont want failed bouncers at my door looking very self righteous asking me for cash.
    Never happens. Debt collectors are pen-pushers, not bailiffs. Stop worrying, you cannot shut the debt collector letters up. Laugh at them!

Next time come here first and do the template appeal on day 26 as registered keeper, not driver, then win at POPLA.

Come back if UKPC start a small claim, where (on this forum) these cases are almost always won.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jul 18, 4:23 PM
    • 38,006 Posts
    • 22,104 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Jul 18, 4:23 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 4:23 PM
    Please see this thread regarding DRP (show it to the wife)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    • 11,002 Posts
    • 10,969 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    About the only thing you can do is complain to your MP.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • ozzy2018
    • By ozzy2018 5th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ozzy2018
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    Many thanks everyone for the quick response!!
    Really did make me feel a lot better. Will do the research and will let you know how i get along. Honestly its not the money, though it is a lot. I rather give up the cash to a charity or something then give it to these guys.
    Many thanks
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 5th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    • 9,677 Posts
    • 12,737 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    Many thanks everyone for the quick response!!
    Really did make me feel a lot better. Will do the research and will let you know how i get along. Honestly its not the money, though it is a lot. I rather give up the cash to a charity or something then give it to these guys.
    Many thanks
    Originally posted by ozzy2018
    Just ignore these perverted cash scammers, they are
    the lowest of the low life in this country

Best of all is that these stupid idiots have no power
    Last edited by beamerguy; 05-07-2018 at 11:45 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 5th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    • 4,893 Posts
    • 6,334 Thanks
    waamo
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    Here you go the odds of going to court http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/UK_Parking_Control.html
    This space for hire.
    • Kam777
    • By Kam777 5th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kam777
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    Zenith collections
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    Hi fellow forum goers!

Apology in advanced as this is my first attempt on here.

I have the same issue. I parked for 3mins in a industrial location whilst dropping my kids to school to find no ticket on the car.

I then received a letter from PCS stating that I have been fined. By the way no clear signs were visible and to date I have been if doing the letters.

I then started receiving letters from DRP, which I also started to ignore and today received a letter from zenith collections. Who have kindly offered me a discount of 30 to pay 130 instead of 160.

They are stating they will pursue it to a legal conclusion if necessary.

What do I do? Stand my ground ?

Thanking you all in advance

Kam
    • Kam777
    • By Kam777 5th Jul 18, 3:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kam777
    I meant to say I am to date ignoring the letters.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 5th Jul 18, 3:42 PM
    • 4,893 Posts
    • 6,334 Thanks
    waamo
    You need to start your own thread rather than hijacking this one. It can get really confusing answering two people in one thread. Before you start a thread read the thread that tells Newbies to read it first.

It's at the top of this section.
    This space for hire.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 5th Jul 18, 3:46 PM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 2,939 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Hi fellow forum goers!

Apology in advanced as this is my first attempt on here.

I have the same issue. I parked for 3mins in a industrial location whilst dropping my kids to school to find no ticket on the car.

I then received a letter from PCS stating that I have been fined. By the way no clear signs were visible and to date I have been if doing the letters.

I then started receiving letters from DRP, which I also started to ignore and today received a letter from zenith collections. Who have kindly offered me a discount of 30 to pay 130 instead of 160.

They are stating they will pursue it to a legal conclusion if necessary.

What do I do? Stand my ground ?

Thanking you all in advance

Kam
    Originally posted by Kam777
    look at the address on both the DRP and zunith letter , they are the same company!

PS: debt collectors cannot take you to court for a private parking ticket , please read the newbies link
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Kam777
    • By Kam777 12th Aug 18, 10:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kam777
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply,

The address of mine look different, having said that the message is kind of the same. I received the intent for cour action letter first from DRP and then the second is from Zenith.

Unfortunately as a new user I can't even upload or share a link to show both letters.

Thanking you in advance

Kam777
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Aug 18, 10:21 PM
    • 9,677 Posts
    • 12,737 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply,

The address of mine look different, having said that the message is kind of the same. I received the intent for cour action letter first from DRP and then the second is from Zenith.

Unfortunately as a new user I can't even upload or share a link to show both letters.

Thanking you in advance

Kam777
    Originally posted by Kam777
    Get to grips about the retards who call themselves
    debt collectors ... idiots at best, nasty scammers
    at worst

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74633409#post74633409

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Aug 18, 10:23 PM
    • 38,006 Posts
    • 22,104 Thanks
    Quentin
    @ Kam777

Please don't post any more in this thread

You must first read the Newbies FAQ thread then if necessary start your own thread as advised to you above in #11
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

220Posts Today

1,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin