Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Juniortopp
    • By Juniortopp 4th Jul 18, 1:38 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Juniortopp
    Natwest - Timeframe
    • 4th Jul 18, 1:38 PM
    Natwest - Timeframe 4th Jul 18 at 1:38 PM
    I applied for a mortgage with Natwest on Thursday 28/06/2018

I was told I would hear from them within 48 hours with an account number (not heard anything)

Anyone recently done an application with them? if so, how long from start to finish.

High anxiety levels right now LOL

Thanks.
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 4th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 10,827 Posts
    • 4,312 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 4th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    Well, it is working day four, not 48 hours, so perhaps you had better give them a call if you have heard nothing.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Elfinpie
    • By Elfinpie 4th Jul 18, 3:26 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Elfinpie
    • 4th Jul 18, 3:26 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 3:26 PM
    Our application went in to NatWest late Friday afternoon, I got our reference number from our broker yesterday. Checked the tracker at lunchtime today and it!!!8217;s showing they!!!8217;ve completed the checks of payslips and bank statements and are just awaiting valuation survey results. Just waiting to hear if we have passed underwriting before I book our building survey.
    • Juniortopp
    • By Juniortopp 4th Jul 18, 4:16 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Juniortopp
    • 4th Jul 18, 4:16 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 4:16 PM
    Our application went in to NatWest late Friday afternoon, I got our reference number from our broker yesterday. Checked the tracker at lunchtime today and it!!!8217;s showing they!!!8217;ve completed the checks of payslips and bank statements and are just awaiting valuation survey results. Just waiting to hear if we have passed underwriting before I book our building survey.
    Originally posted by Elfinpie
    Do I need to get my reference from the broker?

I heard only an hour ago that our bank statements, wage slips etc has been sent to Natwest.

Just waiting on offer and valuation now
    • Elfinpie
    • By Elfinpie 4th Jul 18, 5:03 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Elfinpie
    • 4th Jul 18, 5:03 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 5:03 PM
    Yep, I got mine from my broker no probs. You!!!8217;ll be checking it every 5 mins if you!!!8217;re anything like me lol.
    • sungrad
    • By sungrad 4th Jul 18, 11:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sungrad
    • 4th Jul 18, 11:05 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 11:05 PM
    For info, my broker advised me a couple of days ago that the current average turnaround with NatWest is 23 days, from application to offer. Barclays were at 33 days.
    • Iamfedup
    • By Iamfedup 5th Jul 18, 6:41 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Iamfedup
    • 5th Jul 18, 6:41 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 6:41 AM
    I put in a full application via broker last Tuesday. Valuation was done last Thursday and full offer came in this Monday. So 5 working days all in all. Hang on in there! I know it feels like an eternity but you’ll get there in the end.
    • Lauralou79
    • By Lauralou79 5th Jul 18, 7:18 AM
    • 251 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    Lauralou79
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:18 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 7:18 AM
    Natwest approved us subject to valuation in a few days but there was a hold up with valuation appointments. All in all they were pretty quick and that was having Easter in between too .
    • jennhg88
    • By jennhg88 5th Jul 18, 8:40 AM
    • 228 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    jennhg88
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:40 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 8:40 AM
    Broker should have the application number.
    Ours took 10 working days this time round.
    • Juniortopp
    • By Juniortopp 5th Jul 18, 9:14 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Juniortopp
    Thanks for everyone's replies.

Not sure if my broker will give me the account number as they are telling me to stop stressing. I am mega stressing about it lol.
    • Iamfedup
    • By Iamfedup 5th Jul 18, 10:47 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Iamfedup
    Has your valuation been done or booked in?
    • Elfinpie
    • By Elfinpie 6th Jul 18, 10:12 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Elfinpie
    Just a quick update from me - our broker called this morning to say that our mortgage has been agreed subject to valuation yesterday (4 working days since application went in) WoooHooo. So they are not taking very long at all
    • Juniortopp
    • By Juniortopp 10th Jul 18, 6:14 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Juniortopp
    Has your valuation been done or booked in?
    Originally posted by Iamfedup
    As yet it hasn't we don't believe.
    I did ask the MB about this today.

Hoping to hear back for Friday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

421Posts Today

5,120Users online

Martin's Twitter