Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 4th Jul 18, 11:57 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 8Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    McDonald's sign photo
    • 4th Jul 18, 11:57 AM
    McDonald's sign photo 4th Jul 18 at 11:57 AM
    Hi, I'm currently getting together my popla appeal against MET parking services for the driver overstaying by 89 minutes at a McDonald's car park.
    I have been to the sight to look at the signage (as I was not the driver) and have taken pictures.
    I'm not sure if the signs comply with standards or not. Is it worth submitting pictures to poplar anyway or may I be shooting myself in the foot?
    Would it be detrimental for me to post it here for people to see?
    I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
Page 2
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 8th Jul 18, 7:42 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    No I haven't done anything on social media yet but I have contacted customer services and emailed the CEO which got me through to head office.
    They've asked for the weekend to review the situation and should be contacting me again tomorrow.
    • photome
    • By photome 8th Jul 18, 7:51 AM
    • 13,289 Posts
    • 8,839 Thanks
    photome
    Have you been back to the McDonald’s where you got the ticket to ask again as suggested.

As most ( maybe all) McDonald’s are franchises it would be good to find out who the franchisee is and complain to them
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 8th Jul 18, 6:06 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    I haven't been back again to that McDonald's but am planning on going within the next few days.
    I've phoned and emailed customer services on a number of occasions and have managed to annoy them enough to get it escalated up to head office.
    They have told me they will investigate and get back to me in the next few days.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Jul 18, 7:50 PM
    • 7,803 Posts
    • 10,379 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I haven't been back again to that McDonald's but am planning on going within the next few days.
    I've phoned and emailed customer services on a number of occasions and have managed to annoy them enough to get it escalated up to head office.
    They have told me they will investigate and get back to me in the next few days.
    Originally posted by mentalmumof4
    The problem McDonald's have is total disrespect for
    customers.
    They can cancel it ?

If they don't, then it is your chance to warn others
    on social media about this outlet
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 9th Jul 18, 7:15 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    Yes I will certainly put it on social media for all to see!
    • interstellaflyer
    • By interstellaflyer 9th Jul 18, 8:11 AM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 987 Thanks
    interstellaflyer
    The problem McDonald's have is total disrespect for
    customers.
    They can cancel it ?
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    The OP hasn't explained why whoever he/she is representing stayed at McDonalds for 1 min short of 3 hours, 90 mins McDonalds allow and 89 mins overstay, I'm not defending the parking cowboys but why should the manager be in any way sympathetic if there was no valid reason other than 3 hrs free parking?
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jul 18, 9:53 AM
    • 7,803 Posts
    • 10,379 Thanks
    beamerguy
    The OP hasn't explained why whoever he/she is representing stayed at McDonalds for 1 min short of 3 hours, 90 mins McDonalds allow and 89 mins overstay, I'm not defending the parking cowboys but why should the manager be in any way sympathetic if there was no valid reason other than 3 hrs free parking?
    Originally posted by interstellaflyer
    There has been a fair few problems about McDonald's and
    parking.

More the question must be, why they employ cowboys.
    Like many companies they blame abuse ?
    There will always some abuse but that is small and no doubt
    the cowboys sell this factor to the retailer.
    Bit like a double glazing salesperson selling you something
    you don't need

McDonald's using parking cowboys could well mean that
    a burger could be the most expensive in the UK

Mums arrange parties at McD and with all those kids
    time flys by ....... McD's have not got good customer
    service worked out yet
    Last edited by beamerguy; 09-07-2018 at 10:08 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 9th Jul 18, 4:45 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    The reason for the driver overstaying was genuine human error. They believed that you mearly had to be a McDonald's customer - Which they were - but then didnt move the car nearer to one of the shops to visit some of the other places in the same retail park.
    They have done this many times before and never received a PCN and the signage is not that obvious so it has never been noticed.
    The parking all over the retail park is free so it wasn't for that purpose.
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 9th Jul 18, 4:53 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    I have had this email from McDonald's head office this morning:

"As a company, putting in place enforcement within our car parks is only done after careful consideration and very much as a last resort. Primarily, we use parking measures to ensure there are spaces available for our customers!!!8217; vehicles, as well as to deter unwarranted or unreasonably prolonged usage of the facility.

We can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are responsible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. The regulations and signs at the restaurant state the policy and the relevant charges.

We trust you will appreciate that in order to maintain a consistent approach; we have to adhere to the guidelines in place. As such, in a situation such as a clear contravention of parking regulations, we are unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis. Suffice to say, if a customer contravenes the clearly displayed parking regulations, they will receive a ticket.! At this point, it may be best to contact the parking company directly to lodge an appeal.!!

Thank you for contacting us and again for the opportunity to comment, and I am sorry we are not in a position to assist in this instance."

So now I will continue with my popla appeal and also try to speak to a Manager at the restaurant again.
    I will also post on social media for good measure.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 18, 5:00 PM
    • 18,404 Posts
    • 29,140 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Suffice to say, if a customer contravenes the clearly displayed parking regulations, they will receive a ticket.
    I'd be tempted to respond by saying
    'Suffice to say, if a customer cannot be helped by your company, with which we have spent thousands of pounds, you will not be surprised to learn that you will receive no further income from us. Suffice to say that my family and I will be following a much healthier diet in future!

So by backing your parking company over a £100 'fine', you have just cost your company thousands of pounds.'
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 09-07-2018 at 5:03 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • mentalmumof4
    • By mentalmumof4 9th Jul 18, 5:15 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mentalmumof4
    Well worded - we can save £'s and lose lbs!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 18,404 Posts
    • 29,140 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well worded - we can save £'s and lose lbs!
    I like quoting back to them their clever-d!ck sentences. Suffice to say I did it this time, and with interest!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 9th Jul 18, 6:35 PM
    • 3,226 Posts
    • 2,332 Thanks
    Tarambor
    But given the signs are many feet up a pole, how are you supposed to read the detailed wording describing the circumstances where the driver might be liable? There is a case for saying that it was not possible to read the detail due to the height of the signs and the size of the lettering.
    Originally posted by The Slithy Tove
    Stop and get out? If you can't read that sign stood near it you shouldn't be driving.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 18, 6:39 PM
    • 18,404 Posts
    • 29,140 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Stop and get out? If you can't read that sign stood near it you shouldn't be driving.
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    How about the small print on this one when it's 8 feet up?

Any good?

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jul 18, 9:13 PM
    • 7,803 Posts
    • 10,379 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    Stop and get a ticket from a scammer.

Just imagine, you are in a car park, eyes off the road
    looking at signs and a child runs in front of you

If only life is as simple as you suggest .... if only

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jul 18, 9:18 PM
    • 7,803 Posts
    • 10,379 Thanks
    beamerguy

Thank you for contacting us and again for the opportunity to comment, and I am sorry we are not in a position to assist in this instance."

So now I will continue with my popla appeal and also try to speak to a Manager at the restaurant again.
    I will also post on social media for good measure.
    As I said earlier .....

"McD's have not got good customer service worked out yet"

Don't go to McD's again, it will be good for your wealth
    and health .....

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,746Users online

Martin's Twitter