Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 3rd Jul 18, 10:14 PM
    • 4,872Posts
    • 1,839Thanks
    knightstyle
    Selling French property on Ebay, any good?
    • 3rd Jul 18, 10:14 PM
    Selling French property on Ebay, any good? 3rd Jul 18 at 10:14 PM
    Our house in France needs to be sold, we are with local agents and a couple of UK based agents.
    To list on Ebay seems to cost 35 for just 28 days, I thought that classified adds could be longer but it seems this is the maximum.
    So is it worth doing, is there a better place to advertise and can I list any longer or cheaper?
    Your help appreciated.
Page 1
    • RFW
    • By RFW 4th Jul 18, 9:55 AM
    • 8,780 Posts
    • 5,099 Thanks
    RFW
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:55 AM
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:55 AM
    It's certainly not an area I know much about. I would say that an Ebay listing would get you on a Google search. So if someone was Googling "French property for sale" the Ebay listing would be high-ish on a search.

I'm sure there are better connected ways of selling but for 35 it could be a relatively cheap gamble that opened you up to a few extra potential buyers.
    • Seanymph
    • By Seanymph 4th Jul 18, 1:27 PM
    • 2,700 Posts
    • 18,105 Thanks
    Seanymph
    • 4th Jul 18, 1:27 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 1:27 PM
    I think it depends on the property - If I was looking for a high value property, ebay wouldn't be my search site of choice - I do tend to look at foreign property on there, I am just more likely to click through onto something I consider a bargain.
    • GabbaGabbaHey
    • By GabbaGabbaHey 4th Jul 18, 6:39 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    GabbaGabbaHey
    • 4th Jul 18, 6:39 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 6:39 PM
    Don't forget that (depending on the type of agreement you have with the estate agents), you may be liable to their full fees even if you sell the property yourself through eBay.
    Philip
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 4th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 4,872 Posts
    • 1,839 Thanks
    knightstyle
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I think I am going ahead and am sorting some good pics to use in the listing. The house is one we designed and had built 12 years ago and will be under 150k
    We have non-exclusive contracts with agents and the buyer will save as in France it is they who pay the agent on top of the house price. Agents charge between 5 and 10% which seems a rip off to most brits.
    • martindow
    • By martindow 5th Jul 18, 10:59 AM
    • 7,820 Posts
    • 4,488 Thanks
    martindow
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:59 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:59 AM
    I suppose if someone is looking to buy in a specific town or area of France an ebay ad could show up with a google search. You would need to ensure you have likely key words in your ad listing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin