Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 3rd Jul 18, 9:26 PM
    • 8,446Posts
    • 32,885Thanks
    ampersand
    Waterproofing fluid for canvas
    • 3rd Jul 18, 9:26 PM
    Waterproofing fluid for canvas 3rd Jul 18 at 9:26 PM
    Recommendations required, as above, please.

MUST BE FLUID, not aerosol.

Coverage required: 50 square metres.
    #
    Required for friends in Spain, to whom I set off next week, so no long lead times available.
    ALL SUGGESTIONS, WELCOME, especially those arising from personal knowledge/experience.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Page 1
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 3rd Jul 18, 10:10 PM
    • 1,733 Posts
    • 2,507 Thanks
    FreeBear
    • 3rd Jul 18, 10:10 PM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 10:10 PM
    Either one of the Nikwax products - http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/productselector/waterproofing.php or Belstaff wax proofing compound.

Are you flying ?
    If you are, you may well find the above products being seized by airport security. You certainly won't be allowed to take them on board a plane in your hand luggage.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
    • happybiker
    • By happybiker 4th Jul 18, 1:51 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    happybiker
    • 4th Jul 18, 1:51 AM
    • 4th Jul 18, 1:51 AM
    5l of 'Fabsil' will set you back about £28 from many camping supplies shops. Not sure of the coverage but it's a UV and water protector for canvas tents.
    Weight is ABOUT 3.5kg
    Been about for years and probably the best there is for large surface areas. I use it on my trailer and frame tents.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 4th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 8,446 Posts
    • 32,885 Thanks
    ampersand
    • 4th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 4th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    Thankyou both - car+trailer and rtn via old Var, Fr., stamping ground.
    FreeBear - that's a sensible alert.
    Will now check out your suggestions and phone friends - if line holds:-)
    #
    OK, much phoning later>Spain and Grangers, order made for 2 x 5litre tins of Fabsil Gold Universal. Good people on phone.
    Thanks again for your prompt replies.
    #
    P.S. - another thing that happens in this connectivity notspot is the wiping off of Thanks. Seeing it had happened again, just pasted them back. Hope they stick this time:-)
    Last edited by ampersand; 04-07-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

550Posts Today

5,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin