Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 4th Jul 18, 11:42 AM
    • 831 Posts
    • 994 Thanks
    need an answer
    Many thanks Need an answer! I appreciate you taking the interest and thanks to everybody else who took the time to reply. It's given me a lot to think about
    Originally posted by ajak81
    My posts may come across a little flippant,but it is a genuine offer to provide a sounding block to you for guidance should you continue down the renovation route rather than this trying to find an investor line.

I've extensive knowledge of renovation,
    (although no experience in extending living space by structural change, I need to refer to Doozergirl if ever I was to go down that route)

and a rental portfolio
    (for which I sometimes approach GM for advice)

I started somewhat accidently 6 years ago and will admit made bad choices on the first one but it was an excellent learning curve which has allowed me to progress.
    Last edited by need an answer; 04-07-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    in S 34 T 40 F 50
    out S 50 T 45 F 50
    2017 -32
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 4th Jul 18, 2:44 PM
    • 12,449 Posts
    • 17,692 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    Is there any problem legally that the Estate Agent might face or I might face from selling parts of an incompleted buy to let property

Example advert on Rightmove:

25% - 50% property share on uncompleted buy to let Victorian terraced in nice location suitable for investors or keen DIYers.
    Originally posted by ajak81
    No, there's nothing to stop you from advertising a property that way. I've seen shares of property for sale on Rightmove before where someone, probably an adult child, must have inherited a share of property but needs the cash now and the property can't be sold until the surviving parents dies. The last one I saw was a house in Twickenham, I don't know if anyone ever bought the share.
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 4th Jul 18, 3:22 PM
    • 6,625 Posts
    • 6,496 Thanks
    eddddy
    I've seen shares of property for sale on Rightmove before where someone, probably an adult child, must have inherited a share of property but needs the cash now and the property can't be sold until the surviving parents dies. The last one I saw was a house in Twickenham, I don't know if anyone ever bought the share.
    Originally posted by Pixie5740
    Really?

So it wasn't 'shared ownership', where you partly buy and partly rent a property?

Like these: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E93917&sortTy pe=1&mustHave=sharedOwnership
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 4th Jul 18, 3:26 PM
    • 12,449 Posts
    • 17,692 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    Really?

So it wasn't 'shared ownership', where you partly buy and partly rent a property?

Like these: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E93917&sortTy pe=1&mustHave=sharedOwnership
    Originally posted by eddddy
    No it wasn't shared ownership. You could buy the share but you couldn't live in it and you had to wait for mother to die/move/want to sell. I'm sure it was Twickenham.
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 4th Jul 18, 3:31 PM
    • 12,449 Posts
    • 17,692 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    I tell a lie, it was in Teddington but it's no longer listed on Rightmove. I don't know if you can get cached pages going back that far.

Why not raid your pension fund for a mere 175k to buy a 21.53% share in the vendor's mum's home.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58250123.html
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 4th Jul 18, 3:33 PM
    • 8,054 Posts
    • 8,333 Thanks
    davidmcn
    I tell a lie, it was in Teddington but it's no longer listed on Rightmove. I don't know if you can get cached pages going back that far.
    The text is quoted here:

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/209072-selling-a-share-of-a-house-while-his-mother-still-lives-there-teddington/
    • macman
    • By macman 4th Jul 18, 3:40 PM
    • 42,022 Posts
    • 17,468 Thanks
    macman
    The finishing works you describe are going to cost you more than 10-15K, even using the most basic fixtures and fittings-unless you are supplying the labour yourself, or getting it at trade rates.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 5th Jul 18, 9:05 AM
    • 831 Posts
    • 994 Thanks
    need an answer
    Your paying more attention to carpet than electrics and windows...

umm
    in S 34 T 40 F 50
    out S 50 T 45 F 50
    2017 -32
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 5th Jul 18, 4:40 PM
    • 831 Posts
    • 994 Thanks
    need an answer
    No, clearing my stash of beauty products.
    sample travel and full sized!
    in S 34 T 40 F 50
    out S 50 T 45 F 50
    2017 -32
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 5th Jul 18, 7:26 PM
    • 831 Posts
    • 994 Thanks
    need an answer
    The in ones are what have come in,the out ones are what have been used up.
    The 2017 Figure is that overall I got rid of 32

no wind up just stash clearing.

Sorry to disappoint I'm not part of any secret society or a master in scientific calculations
    in S 34 T 40 F 50
    out S 50 T 45 F 50
    2017 -32
    • Armorica
    • By Armorica 7th Jul 18, 1:56 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 548 Thanks
    Armorica
    When people rent, they care about furniture and fittings not building integrity.

so cheap kitchen, recycled bathroom are likely to reduce rental income...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,205Posts Today

8,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Worried about your finances? Or maybe you just want to know some tips and tricks for getting the best money-saving deals??

• About to start @thismorning talking about why everyone should check their mortgage rates and then may be able to sa? https://t.co/ulkdPb031h

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you / would you wear fur? Reports coming out today that even some fur labeled fake actual? https://t.co/QUh6P9TVgh

• Follow Martin