Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lmachine
    • By lmachine 3rd Jul 18, 4:45 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 15Thanks
    lmachine
    missed bus connection from festival
    • 3rd Jul 18, 4:45 PM
    missed bus connection from festival 3rd Jul 18 at 4:45 PM
    I was returning from a festival on Monday afternoon. I booked coach tickets for a festival bus to take us from the festival site at 1245 into the city centre in order to get another coach home. I left an hours leeway for us to get our coach home but the festival bus was actually delayed by an hour due to overcrowding and letting people board who didn't even have tickets, just cash. as a result of this we missed our coach home and had to spend another 32 each on a ticket to get home. I would really like to have this 64 refunded to us as I'm strapped for cash at the moment and it seems completely unfair anyways that we even had to do that. the festival is saying that they don't offer refunds and its down to the bus company, even though i bought those bus tickets off the festival website. I'd like to know what my rights are on what happened so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you,
    Lindsay
Page 1
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 4th Jul 18, 4:32 PM
    • 22,714 Posts
    • 11,292 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 4th Jul 18, 4:32 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 4:32 PM
    Have you contacted the bus company?
    • macman
    • By macman 4th Jul 18, 6:33 PM
    • 42,788 Posts
    • 18,035 Thanks
    macman
    • 4th Jul 18, 6:33 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 6:33 PM
    It's consequential loss, and the bus company would not have guaranteed a connection in time to catch your coach, unless it was the same company.
    Bus arrival times are frequently late, but that doesn't qualify you for a refund.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Jul 18, 1:29 AM
    • 22,465 Posts
    • 12,022 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:29 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 1:29 AM
    Why post twice ?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5863823
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

2,116Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin