Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 3rd Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    • 1,225Posts
    • 3,555Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    0 WOW
    How much have you paid to drop someone off at the airport?
    • 3rd Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    0 WOW
    How much have you paid to drop someone off at the airport? 3rd Jul 18 at 12:32 PM
    Hi,

What's the most you've paid to drop someone off at the terminal outside the airport please?

Would love to hear your examples. Thanks
Page 1
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 3rd Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    • 1,781 Posts
    • 2,729 Thanks
    coffeehound
    • 3rd Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    3 at LBA

---------------
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 3rd Jul 18, 3:04 PM
    • 20,696 Posts
    • 55,639 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 3rd Jul 18, 3:04 PM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 3:04 PM
    Our taxi driver said it cost him 7 to drop us off and pick us up from Manchester (which incidentally is - imho - a total bloody nightmare place at the moment).
    • Neil49
    • By Neil49 3rd Jul 18, 5:17 PM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Neil49
    • 3rd Jul 18, 5:17 PM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 5:17 PM
    Birmingham and East Midlands are both 2 for up to 10 minutes.
    • iltisman
    • By iltisman 3rd Jul 18, 5:26 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 2,712 Thanks
    iltisman
    • 3rd Jul 18, 5:26 PM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 5:26 PM
    I bet railway stations and hospitals will be next.
    It's only my cheerfulness that keeps me going
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 3rd Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 8,873 Posts
    • 9,229 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 3rd Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    About 20K but that included the private jet that the client had stipulated we provide for him.

And yes, he was a respected movie type with a golden tounge and a mixed bag of films to his name.
    Last edited by pogofish; 03-07-2018 at 6:48 PM.
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 3rd Jul 18, 7:24 PM
    • 4,970 Posts
    • 4,086 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    • 3rd Jul 18, 7:24 PM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 7:24 PM
    Cost a mate a 40 fine for dropping his wife off on the approach road.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 4th Jul 18, 9:07 AM
    • 20,977 Posts
    • 16,753 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:07 AM
    • 4th Jul 18, 9:07 AM
    Is there any airport that doesn't include the drop off fee on it's website? Certainly all of the ones that I've needed to look at show it, so this seems to be a pretty pointless thread (not that I'm surprised at MSE starting a pointless thread...).
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 4th Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    • 5,170 Posts
    • 3,730 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    • 4th Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    Is there any airport that doesn't include the drop off fee on it's website? Certainly all of the ones that I've needed to look at show it, so this seems to be a pretty pointless thread (not that I'm surprised at MSE starting a pointless thread...).
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Manchester airport was free but is charging in the next week or two
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • JessyRM
    • By JessyRM 4th Jul 18, 10:47 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    JessyRM
    Paid 1 to pick up parents on Friday night in Bristol, dropped them off the same time on Monday - went to leave the carpark and they tried to charge me 280. Must have not picked up me leaving on the camera!
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 4th Jul 18, 1:49 PM
    • 20,977 Posts
    • 16,753 Thanks
    agrinnall
    Manchester airport was free but is charging in the next week or two
    Originally posted by heatherw_01

And hopefully that's what it says on their website. My point was that the information that is being asked for is readily available from a verifiable source rather than anecdotal evidence.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 4th Jul 18, 2:12 PM
    • 20,696 Posts
    • 55,639 Thanks
    Pollycat
    And hopefully that's what it says on their website. My point was that the information that is being asked for is readily available from a verifiable source rather than anecdotal evidence.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    Yes, it does state that:
    Airport drop off charges - from Tuesday 10 July

From Tuesday 10th July, Manchester Airport is introducing a tarriff for dropping off outside the terminal.
    All passengers can use our free drop off area, from which a shuttle bus will transport you free of charge to your terminal. Alternatively, you can choose to be dropped off directly outside the terminals and train station. The charge for this is 3 for five minutes and 4 for 10 minutes.
    https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/Communications/information/38321/drop-off-charges
    • alwaysskint96
    • By alwaysskint96 4th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 916 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    alwaysskint96
    3.50 at front of terminal at Stansted ( up top 10 moinsa0 Other option is to drop someone in mid stay car park for free and they get shuttle bus to terminal
    • ciderboy2009
    • By ciderboy2009 4th Jul 18, 9:20 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    ciderboy2009
    Paid 1 to pick up parents on Friday night in Bristol, dropped them off the same time on Monday - went to leave the carpark and they tried to charge me 280. Must have not picked up me leaving on the camera!
    Originally posted by JessyRM
    280 sounds about right for that ripoff airport - they'll do anything they can to get every last penny out of their customers!
    • Charlton King
    • By Charlton King 4th Jul 18, 9:33 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,046 Thanks
    Charlton King
    280 sounds about right for that ripoff airport - they'll do anything they can to get every last penny out of their customers!
    Originally posted by ciderboy2009
    Too true. 'Bristol Airport' is just a jumped-up flying club with no reason for its existence. Would it make more sense to relocate it to Filton with its huge runway, amazingly better local infrastructure and positioning close to the M4, M5 and M32?

Of course it would.

Will it ever happen in this benighted country with vested interests in the status quo? Nope, never. They will just continue picking your pocket in their greedy way, making you walk half way to your holiday destination along miles of nonsensical corridors... and laughing at you all the way to the bank...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,332Posts Today

8,120Users online

Martin's Twitter