Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AIW
    • By AIW 2nd Jul 18, 8:06 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 18Thanks
    AIW
    Frugality to pay of debts?
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:06 PM
    Frugality to pay of debts? 2nd Jul 18 at 8:06 PM
    Hi I am new,
    I have been reading for a while, I don't want to go in to the ins and outs of it but I have 58,0000 off cc debts. I only have a little money less than 100 a month to spare after all direct debits which may I add are all on the cheapest tariffs etc, the only way I can start to tidy up my mess is the spend less on the utilities and groceries, and maybe bring in some more cash through non conventional ways, no more cash can be generated through work. So is it possible to pay debts by living as frugally as possible? Gonna have to do something, I need my life back I am so depressed, but at the end of the day its my own fault.
Page 2
    • Kitten868
    • By Kitten868 3rd Jul 18, 7:50 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 1,987 Thanks
    Kitten868
    I recommend jwils diary - she's amazing at making money by decluttering and surveys - copy her and you'll have your 28 in no time.
    Loan 1 5700/8000
    Loan 2 3700/5800
    Total 9400/13800 32% PAID

And CC 1700/1900
    • Gemsy81
    • By Gemsy81 3rd Jul 18, 8:12 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 432 Thanks
    Gemsy81
    Good luck with it....there are so many good tips on here! Echo what has been said, once you are in a position where you feel you want to go self-managed, then start chipping away at the highest debt, and you'll get to a position where you can make settlement offers to your creditors.
    • AIW
    • By AIW 3rd Jul 18, 8:26 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    AIW
    Thankyou , how do I find the diary?
    2/7/18 58,000
    Paid 0
    • Working Mum
    • By Working Mum 4th Jul 18, 4:24 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 622 Thanks
    Working Mum
    Thankyou , how do I find the diary?
    Originally posted by AIW
    Scroll to the top of the page of your diary - you will see you are "Debt Free Diaries - click on this and you'll see all of the diaries people are writing.

Debt Free Diaries sits with the Debt Free Wannabe forum and this will have some lovely useful threads for you to read

You can search on the Forum using the search facility at the top of each page - you can search for JWIL in the members too
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,197Posts Today

7,298Users online

Martin's Twitter