Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elephantsrus
    • By elephantsrus 2nd Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 2Thanks
    elephantsrus
    POPLA appeal specific example request
    • 2nd Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    POPLA appeal specific example request 2nd Jul 18 at 5:35 PM
    Hi all, looking for a little bit of a head start in putting together a POPLA appeal.

In this instance, the keeper of the vehicle received a PCN, with the reason given that payment was not made for a car park in a certain location. However, the vehicle in question was never in said car park - it was correctly parked with full payment made in the car park next door, which has a different location code and set of charges.

Does anyone know of a similar case to this with a decent POPLA appeal example I can make use of?

Looking at the POPLA appeal examples in the newbies sticky, lots of them revolve around unclear signage, overstaying the paid for period etc.

If this POPLA appeal includes the unclear signage argument it's not clear to me whether to refer to the signs in the car park the PCN relates to, or the car park the vehicle was actually parked in.
Page 2
    • elephantsrus
    • By elephantsrus 6th Jul 18, 8:17 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    elephantsrus
    KeithP - thanks, I'll make those changes.

Regarding using examples of the signs from the car park - the problem I've got is I don't know whether to use the signs from the car park the vehicle was parked in, or the signs from the car park CEL claim the vehicle was parked in, as they're completely different. Or perhaps use both? Or it doesn't matter which is used?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Jul 18, 9:28 PM
    • 37,400 Posts
    • 84,280 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    You rubbish the scammers own signs to prove that "their" signage is inaccurate and can't form a contract. That's one appeal point.

You use other evidence to prove the car was not in the car park at all. That's a separate appeal point.

Not the landowner, is another point, as is, no standing to issue charges in their own name, as is non-POFA compliant NTK.

Us EVERY point that is relevant.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Jul 18, 10:40 PM
    • 9,271 Posts
    • 9,504 Thanks
    KeithP
    KeithP - thanks, I'll make those changes.

Regarding using examples of the signs from the car park - the problem I've got is I don't know whether to use the signs from the car park the vehicle was parked in, or the signs from the car park CEL claim the vehicle was parked in, as they're completely different. Or perhaps use both? Or it doesn't matter which is used?
    Originally posted by elephantsrus
    I would say you use the signs in the car park you parked in.

Even better if they identify the car park, and therefore show PoPLA that the PPC have screwed up again.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 12:49 AM
    • 61,622 Posts
    • 74,523 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Civil Enforcement
    Originally posted by elephantsrus
    Obviously don't say 'the car park I parked in'! Unless you already blabbed?

CEL are easy to beat; how come they didn't fold at first appeal, did you not come here in time and use the template from the NEWBIES thread? Usually none go this far.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • elephantsrus
    • By elephantsrus 9th Jul 18, 12:23 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    elephantsrus
    Coupon-mad - the vehicle was parked. No implication as to who parked it.

Unfortunately I found this forum too late for the first appeal.

Anyway, I've updated the document linked to from earlier to include the photos in point 5 as suggested. I've also fleshed out the text a bit for point 2 - would appreciate thoughts on that.

I'll give it some time in case there are any more suggestions and plan to upload the PDF at the end of the day.

Cheers guys!
    Last edited by elephantsrus; 09-07-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 7:57 PM
    • 61,622 Posts
    • 74,523 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We assume you've appealed to POPLA now?

Keith P said 'looks good' so that a decent vote of confidence. Do you still need others to look, or is it in now?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • elephantsrus
    • By elephantsrus 10th Jul 18, 8:11 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    elephantsrus
    Yep, I've submitted the appeal now thanks.

Will keep you posted on the outcome.
    • elephantsrus
    • By elephantsrus 25th Jul 18, 9:44 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    elephantsrus
    Thanks again for all the help - I received a letter from CEL today saying they've cancelled the charge.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 25th Jul 18, 9:55 AM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 2,126 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Well done!
    • elephantsrus
    • By elephantsrus 26th Jul 18, 9:26 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    elephantsrus
    Also got an email from PoPLA: "Civil Enforcement have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal."

Very satisfying :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

7,157Users online

Martin's Twitter