Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • glint
    • By glint 2nd Jul 18, 4:24 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 5Thanks
    glint
    Multiple Tickets Received
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:24 PM
    Multiple Tickets Received 2nd Jul 18 at 4:24 PM
    Good afternoon all,

I have recently recieved four parking charge notices from Highview regarding parking on one of their monitored sites for longer than the allowed time, and I expect to receive somewhere in the region of 6-8 more of these tickets from them in the coming days. I made the mistake of paying the first two immediately, in hope that I would not receive any more. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case.

So far I have sent an email to the landowner explaining the situation, before I found this place...now it would seem that I have broken all of the golden rules of not paying these fines. What can I do? Is it still possible for me to avoid the remainder of the fines, if not then this could turn out to be awfully expensive.

I hope that you can help,

Cheers
    Last edited by glint; 02-07-2018 at 4:40 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 2nd Jul 18, 4:27 PM
    • 37,275 Posts
    • 21,439 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:27 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:27 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

Deal with each pcn separately

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Jul 18, 4:29 PM
    • 37,390 Posts
    • 84,262 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:29 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:29 PM
    They are not fines.

Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Appeal each PCN separately using the template from the NEWBIES thread.

Complain to the landowner and your MP about this unregulated scam.

Do not pay a scammer!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • glint
    • By glint 2nd Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    glint
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    Fortunately I've not made any posts here to say who was driving, but it's too late with the emails that I sent unfortunately. Is it advised that I go straight to the parking company from here in that case?

Edit: Thank you for your speedy responses, by the way. I appreciate the work that you guys do here.
    Last edited by glint; 02-07-2018 at 4:35 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 2nd Jul 18, 4:36 PM
    • 37,275 Posts
    • 21,439 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:36 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:36 PM
    Your op does reveal who was driving! But as you have already admitted to driving to the PPC then too late to worry about now

Presumably they don't know the driver on every occasion??
    No don't contact the PPC

As asked, read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread, and follow the advice there on how to deal with this
    • glint
    • By glint 2nd Jul 18, 4:42 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    glint
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:42 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:42 PM
    I have not told the PPC who was driving yet, only the landowner.

Cheers.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 2nd Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 3,181 Posts
    • 4,886 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    I made the mistake of paying the first two immediately, in hope that I would not receive any more. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case.
    Originally posted by glint

I just don't get that, why would you expect that, it's actually more likely to make it worse as they mark you down as a sucker.

Highview don't venture into court, though 6-8 might persuade them give this a punt who knows!
    • glint
    • By glint 2nd Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    glint
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    I just don't get that, why would you expect that, it's actually more likely to make it worse as they mark you down as a sucker.

Highview don't venture into court, though 6-8 might persuade them give this a punt who knows!
    Originally posted by fisherjim

Haha, maybe part of me thought I could 'appeal to their better nature'. I figure the best bet now is to appeal and hope that it goes my way from there. Feeling like quite the idiot now...
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 2nd Jul 18, 4:54 PM
    • 3,181 Posts
    • 4,886 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:54 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:54 PM
    Haha, maybe part of me thought I could 'appeal to their better nature'. I figure the best bet now is to appeal and hope that it goes my way from there. Feeling like quite the idiot now...

Unfortunately scammers don't have a better nature, though Highview are also Muppets!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 2nd Jul 18, 7:22 PM
    • 10,000 Posts
    • 9,825 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jul 18, 1:49 AM
    • 61,584 Posts
    • 74,473 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ummmm, sorry to say Highview are THE very easiest PPC to beat with one email, you could and should have had them all cancelled first try. No exaggeration, the easiest - I mean if I was asked who I would rather get a PCN from, out of all PPCs - it would be 100% Highview.

They recognise the forum appeal wording, and they just fold first time. Send that, scam over.

Shocked anyone actually pays such muppets. They didn't provide you with any service. At least you are here now, and will NEVER pay a private parking firm scam charge again. Spread the word.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 03-07-2018 at 1:51 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• glint
    • By glint 3rd Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    glint
    Good news everybody!

The shopping centre got back to me, they have agreed to cancel the remaining notices (though I am in the process of confirming whether or not they mean just the ones that I have received). Either way, that's at least part of the way to a win over these scammers.

I'll keep you all updated when I know more.

Thanks all for your help so far.
    • glint
    • By glint 12th Jul 18, 11:40 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    glint
    Final Update

I received a letter from Highview yesterday stating that the remainder of the notices had been cancelled, so it looks like that will the be the end of it.

Thanks for all of your help.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 12th Jul 18, 11:49 AM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 3,481 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    Well done ....

Did you do as The Deep suggested and write to your MP?

Ralph
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jul 18, 11:58 AM
    • 37,390 Posts
    • 84,262 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    As above. You MUST complain to your MP. It's the only way this scam will ever be stopped.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 18, 3:49 PM
    • 61,584 Posts
    • 74,473 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Final Update
    I received a letter from Highview yesterday stating that the remainder of the notices had been cancelled, so it looks like that will the be the end of it.
    Thanks for all of your help.
    Email them again:

I made the mistake of paying the first two immediately, in hope that I would not receive any more
    ...what about the refund for the 2 you paid, seeing as there is no legitimate commercial interest excuse in extorting such a ludicrous and punitive sum from a customer, when the retailer/shopping centre has said they want them cancelled? No legit interest = unenforceable charges.

Threaten Highview with a court claim to get your money back. You are out of pocket.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,603Posts Today

7,232Users online

Martin's Twitter