Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • johnny_storm
    • By johnny_storm 2nd Jul 18, 1:33 PM
    • 234Posts
    • 244Thanks
    johnny_storm
    Obscene price increase from Scottish Power
    • 2nd Jul 18, 1:33 PM
    Obscene price increase from Scottish Power 2nd Jul 18 at 1:33 PM
    Probably like many people this time of year, my tariff is due to end at the end of this month.

Imagine my shock when I see that the next best deal (not the standard tariff) from Scottish power is 40% more expensive.

40%!!!!

I live in a flat, so I have peak and off peak rates.

Day time: 40% increase
    Night time: 27% increase

I have to wonder how we'll cope with such eye watering increases in the future. Other than to be sat in the cold and dark.
Page 2
    • jmatt81
    • By jmatt81 6th Jul 18, 11:26 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jmatt81
    The current fix I am on with SP (Beat Cancer Jan 19 v2) is very cheap compared to what's out there at the moment. I will need to switch nearer the time but, as I am eligible for the Warm Home Discount, and many of the cheaper/smaller suppliers do not do this, I will need to wait for this to be applied to my account first. Last year in happened mid-November.
    • jk0
    • By jk0 6th Jul 18, 6:00 PM
    • 2,529 Posts
    • 25,536 Thanks
    jk0
    The current fix I am on with SP (Beat Cancer Jan 19 v2) is very cheap compared to what's out there at the moment. I will need to switch nearer the time but, as I am eligible for the Warm Home Discount, and many of the cheaper/smaller suppliers do not do this, I will need to wait for this to be applied to my account first. Last year in happened mid-November.
    Originally posted by jmatt81
    I hope you get a benefits based WHD then Matt. My mother stayed with SSE for two years hoping for an income based one which she never got.
    • Glad
    • By Glad 6th Jul 18, 6:17 PM
    • 17,914 Posts
    • 39,630 Thanks
    Glad
    Have you looked at the MoneySavingExpert Cheap Energy Club
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
    • jmatt81
    • By jmatt81 10th Jul 18, 4:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jmatt81
    I hope you get a benefits based WHD then Matt. My mother stayed with SSE for two years hoping for an income based one which she never got.
    Originally posted by jk0
    Hi, yes I do. Disability based.
    • johnny_storm
    • By johnny_storm 7th Aug 18, 9:24 AM
    • 234 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    johnny_storm
    Just a little update. I swapped to Bulb which has gone without a hitch. No contact needed with a person, all done online and took the promised 3 weeks.

Today I got my final bill from Scottish Power so checked to see if their offers had changed.

Yes they have. They are now even more expensive!

Before to stay with them, moving from current deal to new best deal. I was looking at

Day time: 40% increase
    Night time: 27% increase

Today their best deal is

Day time: 70% increase
    night time: 61% increase.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,153Posts Today

8,507Users online

Martin's Twitter