Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gazzak
    • By gazzak 2nd Jul 18, 12:21 PM
    • 458Posts
    • 615Thanks
    gazzak
    Mobility Scooter Return - Advice Needed
    • 2nd Jul 18, 12:21 PM
    Mobility Scooter Return - Advice Needed 2nd Jul 18 at 12:21 PM
    Hi All,

I'll try to keep it brief and to the point, but advice is welcome.

My Mother is 80 and has trouble walking. Under pressure from her family, (myself included), she tried out and purchased a mobility scooter. Cost was about 1300. She used it once, really didn't like it, (it was a confidence thing, nothing wrong with the scooter), decided it wasn't for her and decided to return it.

The shop she purchased it from said they have a 5 day "change your mind" policy. She didn't know this. She had it for 12 days. They told her to "sell it on ebay".

This morning she rang CAB who told her to ring the shop and ask what their returns policy is. Now the shop are coming to take back the scooter and sell it in their showroom. Once sold they'll give her what it sold for. No mention of how much they'll be selling it for or what happens if it doesn't sell.

Good people of MSE, where does she stand? As said above, any advice welcome, (even if it's bad news).
Page 2
    • photome
    • By photome 5th Jul 18, 7:26 PM
    • 13,595 Posts
    • 9,096 Thanks
    photome
    Also don't recall seeing that in the original post. Are you just making stuff up as you go along?
    Originally posted by warehouse

Are you just picking a fight?

I havent made anything up
    Last edited by photome; 05-07-2018 at 7:28 PM.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 5th Jul 18, 8:18 PM
    • 12,990 Posts
    • 10,297 Thanks
    unholyangel
    A person walking at a relatively fast pace will achieve 4 mph. Having ridden both of my late father's mobility scooters, I did not feel particularly close to the ground.
    Originally posted by lincroft1710
    I did initially think the same but then I thought that someone using a mobility scooter probably isn't as spry/fit that they could achieve anywhere near that walking speed else they'd probably not be needing a mobility scooter.

Kind of like when you start learning to drive and even 10mph feels fast because you're not used to it.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,701Posts Today

7,261Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's FRI Twitter poll: As everyone knows, you're a creative genius with an huge range of highly honed skills.? https://t.co/KV5FHAqK6v

• Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Follow Martin