Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • claireL
    • By claireL 2nd Jul 18, 10:38 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 4Thanks
    claireL
    Athena Civil Parking Charge Lidl
    • 2nd Jul 18, 10:38 AM
    Athena Civil Parking Charge Lidl 2nd Jul 18 at 10:38 AM
    Hi. I have received by post an ATHENA civil parking charge.Currently £45 if I pay before 9th July 18. (giving me 7 days). Doubling if I pay after.
    I shopped at the Lidl in Bexley Heath, Kent, entering car park at 20:47, exiting 22:45. The store closes at 22:00. My allocated time (not that I took much notice as I knew store would close & car park would be empty) was 1hr 30.
    I did head to frankie & bennys after to get my kids some supper, over running by 27 minutes, BUT the store had closed BEFORE this overstay.....Do I have ground as the store didn't actually loose any money during my overstay due to my parking? I can provide bank statement, receipt long gone, and am not local to Bexley, I'm from Somerset. My daughter is in Uni there & shops weekly at Lidl on the bus....I shop regularly at my local one.
    They said grace period is 14 days to only pay £45… is it 21days if its cctv proof and has arrived to me by post?
    Do you recommend I contact Lidl CEO initially? Do you think I need to say I absolutely will not pay as I am a customer & have proof, and it did not lose them any £ ? Thoughts please...worried I won't get this done in 7 days!
    Thank you in advance....Claire.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    • 63,817 Posts
    • 76,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    Do you recommend I contact Lidl CEO initially?
    Yes, that's the only way these Athena ones are cancelled, as you will have read in 'SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS ABOUT PPCS' (a thread with loads of recent Lidl wins posted at the end of it, and it's linked in the NEWBIES thread). We are so busy, we have to assume newbies have read this info.

and it did not lose them any £ ?
    No, that is not an argument for parking fine cases, forget it.

Who cares about any daft seven days...? For Goodness' sake stop jumping to an artificial deadline that makes no odds at all. You could get the Lidl CEO to cancel this after 77 days if you wanted!

Stop thinking the 'discount' (bribe) means something. You won't be PAYING! No worries. EASY.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 2nd Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    • 9,241 Posts
    • 12,172 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 2nd Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    YES first port of call is the CEO/MD

LIDL UK
    Mr Christian Härtnagel Managing Director

Email Dispute.Resolution@lidl.co.uk

Request the ticket is cancelled.

Provide proof of being their customer

"Do they still want you as a customer"

Christian Härtnagel is well versed about the scammers he employs

By the way regarding ANPR .... the BPA has already confirmed
    on BBC watchdog that the system is NOT 100% accurate
    Last edited by beamerguy; 02-07-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 2nd Jul 18, 12:00 PM
    • 37,843 Posts
    • 21,986 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 2nd Jul 18, 12:00 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 12:00 PM
    Please delete your duplication of your post#4 here which you posted in the FAQ directly under the post asking that no posts are made in that info only thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74477028#post74477028
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 2nd Jul 18, 12:05 PM
    • 10,505 Posts
    • 10,357 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 2nd Jul 18, 12:05 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 12:05 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • claireL
    • By claireL 5th Jul 18, 2:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    claireL
    • 5th Jul 18, 2:21 PM
    first appeal letter to ceo lidl
    • 5th Jul 18, 2:21 PM
    so....email to ceo of lidl... thoughts please before i send....?
    Dear Mr Christian Härtnagel, or whoever may be dealing with his emails.

As a regular Lidl shopper, I was disgusted to receive a letter suggesting I need to pay a civil charge.

I am writing to request that this alleged charge No 0 0--- -28 from Athena ANPR Ltd for simply shopping with yourselves is removed, and that the ticket is cancelled.

I stand under no obligation to pay this charge, and I question your employed company who bully those into paying such said charge 'do they have the right to enforce this?'

There is no joint contract. A contract needs to be of two agreed parties.

You already know if the alleged vehicle was registered as requested at your store stated, as it would be on the receipt code machine if the driver had registered this.

I have attached an image of a more recent till receipt at Lidl in -------, proving that I (receiver of this letter of alleged charge) am a regular shopper at your store.

I shall give no reasons or excuses.

I also do not believe that staying over an allocated time when the store is actually closed would cause any problems for other Lidl customers who need to park to shop at Lidl. (closing time 10pm....The charge in question states leaving time of after 22:00)

I would like as asked for this charge to be dismissed, as going any further will just cause more unnecessary cost to yourselves, and the company involved. Not to mention the loss of my friends, family, and associates custom.

Many thanks in advance,

Letter receiver.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    • 37,843 Posts
    • 21,986 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    Is there any chance you could deal with the polite request to you in #5 above?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Jul 18, 3:14 PM
    • 10,523 Posts
    • 10,921 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:14 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:14 PM
    Frankly, if I were Mr Härtnagel and I received that email I wouldn't even bother to reply.

For a start, your opening salutation is insulting.

Using words like 'disgusted' would not encourage me to try and help you.

But I guess, as we are all different, you approach may work.

The phrase You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar seems apt.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 63,817 Posts
    • 76,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    ClaireL, please delete your post that's on the NEWBIES advice thread - wrong place, needs to go!

Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • claireL
    • By claireL 5th Jul 18, 11:44 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    claireL
    sorry
    I would love to...but I can't seem to find how to do this, can you please direct me? Sorry for this ...I'n not very tec minded on social stuff like forums! .. cant even find my own thread often!
    • claireL
    • By claireL 5th Jul 18, 11:50 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    claireL
    please delete..
    think i have done that...not sure? deleted the thank you bit..
    • claireL
    • By claireL 5th Jul 18, 11:55 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    claireL
    Thanks Kieth P...not in my nature to be that way, I was trying to sound strong and direct as stated! maybe I went too far. I shall adjust it. Also, Maybe I should write that the signage is not clear from the angle one can drive in...one could park immediately right turn into the bay & the only sign one would see is 'controlled parking'.
    Last edited by claireL; 06-07-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Jul 18, 10:02 AM
    • 37,843 Posts
    • 21,986 Thanks
    Quentin
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
    • claireL
    • By claireL 6th Jul 18, 2:16 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    claireL
    reviewed letter to CEO Lidl
    Ok... can I please have your thoughts on this reviewed letter to CEO ? Or should I send to MD?

Dear Mr Christian Härtnagel, or whomever may be dealing with his emails.

As a regular Lidl shopper, I was upset to have receive a letter inviting me as the keeper of a vehicle to pay a civil charge.

I am writing to politely request that this alleged charge No ******* from Athena ANPR Ltd for shopping with yourselves is removed.

I stand under no obligation to pay this charge, and I question the said employed company who invite those into paying such said charge 'do they have the right to enforce this?'

The signage at the suggested free car park is unclear as to what CONTROLLED PARKING means unless one searches the whole area and reads the small print.

You already know if the alleged vehicle was registered as requested at the store stated on the charge, as it would be on the Lidl receipt code machine if the driver had shopped and subsequently registered this.

As a valued customer, I (receiver of this letter of alleged charge) have until now been a regular shopper at your store. I would like to continue to use your store with every respect for parking regulations, as I have had until now.

I also do not believe that staying over an allocated time when the store is actually closed would cause any problems for other Lidl customers who need to park to shop at Lidl. (closing time 22.00....The charge in question states leaving time of after 22:00)

I kindly ask for this charge to be dismissed, as going any further may very possibly cause more unnecessary cost to yourselves, and the company involved. Not to mention the loss of my friends, family, and associates custom.

Many thanks in advance,

Letter receiver.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 12:05 AM
    • 63,817 Posts
    • 76,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would make it much shorter and remove all this:
    I stand under no obligation to pay this charge, and I question the said employed company who invite those into paying such said charge 'do they have the right to enforce this?'

The signage at the suggested free car park is unclear as to what CONTROLLED PARKING means unless one searches the whole area and reads the small print.

You already know if the alleged vehicle was registered as requested at the store stated on the charge, as it would be on the Lidl receipt code machine if the driver had shopped and subsequently registered this.
    and remove this, as it suggests you were not a customer and draws attention to the time of night the driver 'abused' the car park, so stay silent on that:

I also do not believe that staying over an allocated time when the store is actually closed would cause any problems for other Lidl customers who need to park to shop at Lidl. (closing time 22.00....The charge in question states leaving time of after 22:00)
    Your email will of course need a scan of the PCN and the PCN number in the subject line.
    • claireL
    • By claireL 9th Jul 18, 9:04 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    claireL
    Thank you coupon mad, so really basic! Im sending that then. The shortened version. To the CEO and MD? I don't get to access my pc much as I am so busy, but do my best to keep up with this, please do not think I am being ignorant. Thank you again for your experienced advice. c.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

27Posts Today

3,042Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin